By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only one that thinks Heavy Rain looks better than Uncharted 2?

Don't get me wrong, U2 looks really good but I don't see the characters like almost real life characters , whereas, Heavy Rain characters look so real sometimes it's freaky and objects and everthing in HR are so detailed.. Anyone else agrees with me?

Around the Network

Just because it's made for the realism, doesn't mean it looks better than other games. Modern warfare 2 is supposed to have realistic graphics, but IMO LBP looks better overall.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

once you get into game, and forget about blemishes like some low res stuff in background and some stiff animation. it all appears amazing and lifelike

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Yeah the graphics in Heavy Rain is so realistic especially the characters in the game
until i can feel an uncanny valley effect just by playing the game. Its mindblowing xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Different artistic direction...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

MFW2 looks horrible.. not a good comparison

mM

i agree Uncharted 2's scores are making people blind and just call it "Best graphics evah!" its not detailed like HR , but its understandable knowing the scale of Uncharted.
but to each their own liking , i'd personally like the more fantasy graphics than realistic ones. just so they don't limit the imagination of the artist

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

leo-j said:
MFW2 looks horrible.. not a good comparison

Alright I'll use crysis. Crysis is made for it's realistic graphics, but I think prince of persia (2008) and okami look better overall.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Uncharted 2 is better!!! There is simply no comparison... though I should probably play through Heavy Rain before coming to a conclusion

I think the word you're looking for is art. Heavy Rain is far more realistic and is probably the most realistic looking game I have played, but I think in Uncharted 2 the characters look more "Alive". I think Uncharted 2 has better physics and animation but it has a very stylized look to it. Heavy Rain is far more realistic in appearance, but I think the character models are clunkier and the animation is more "stiff" or robotic.