By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Best RTS...

Crazymann said:
Having played the games mentioned...

Starcraft = better
C&C Tiberium Dawn = Better
Red Alert 1 = Better

And based on the beta....

The Best RTS.... is Starcraft 2.

You have a beta key?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

And those vids u posted there, that's what I meant with "integrated". What he did there was just exploiting a glitch / bad programmed unit. Really, ''Zero attack animation"?

Crazymann said:
Having played the games mentioned...

Starcraft = better
C&C Tiberium Dawn = Better
Red Alert 1 = Better

And based on the beta....

The Best RTS.... is Starcraft 2.

Having played all the games u named there, ur credibility ended at the bolded. Plus, one could argue if Starcraft is any better then CoH. Atleast it's more popular.

O-D-C said:

U people are really serious about this? Not one single C&C game will be able to beat CoH's depth. CoH is just like AoE.. Unit spamming.. (And yes, I own almost any C&C game, including the expansion u showed above.)

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
I totally agree, though you only get 2 armies with the original game, and they are airborne infantry, not airborn

What mods and map packs would you recommend? I got back into the game a little bit recently (though my attention has since gone to Napoleon Total War and Final Fantasy XIII), and I am just working my way through the campaign, but I will need more things to occupy me when I come to skirmish mode

Most mods come with map packs, but I would certainly recommend:

- Blitzkrieg 

- Operation Market Garden (Although that's Multiplayer only and a bit complicated. You use their site to create your army before entering the  battle. In this way, you have zero resources & base-building in-game. But any unit that stays alive / is retreated, stays in your army, and will gain veterancy. Very fun mod.

- Europe in Ruins 

- Eastern Front (They are getting the Ostheer soon, at the moment, they only have the Russians)

Each mod get's its own install folder and shortcut, and doesn't affect the vanilla game. This way, it's easily to remove them.

Rickz0r said:
Munkeh111 said:
I totally agree, though you only get 2 armies with the original game, and they are airborne infantry, not airborn

What mods and map packs would you recommend? I got back into the game a little bit recently (though my attention has since gone to Napoleon Total War and Final Fantasy XIII), and I am just working my way through the campaign, but I will need more things to occupy me when I come to skirmish mode

Most mods come with map packs, but I would certainly recommend:

- Blitzkrieg 

- Operation Market Garden (Although that's Multiplayer only and a bit complicated. You use their site to create your army before entering the  battle. In this way, you have zero resources & base-building in-game. But any unit that stays alive / is retreated, stays in your army, and will gain veterancy. Very fun mod.

- Europe in Ruins 

- Eastern Front (They are getting the Ostheer soon, at the moment, they only have the Russians)

Each mod get's its own install folder and shortcut, and doesn't affect the vanilla game. This way, it's easily to remove them.

Thanks, I'll take a look at these

Rickz0r said:
And those vids u posted there, that's what I meant with "integrated". What he did there was just exploiting a glitch / bad programmed unit. Really, ''Zero attack animation"?

I can post videos with spread micro agains lurkers, or amazing reaver/Shuttle micro, or Jangbi's Tank storming. Point still stands. And there is a reaspon wht Muta stacking wasn't removed by Blizzard. It uses the way that mutalisks work to make for amazing micro, it may have originated from a glitch, but you still can't give me an example of anything that CoH has that's more badass than muta stacking micro. Muta stacking is part of the game, and it's awesome.

by zero attack animation I mean that mutalisks attacks instantly and then there is a cooldown until the next attack.

Since you haven't brought me any examples of micro from CoH, I tried looking myself.

This is what I found.

It looks like great simulation of WW2, and a natural evolution that Red Alert SHOULD HAVE had. (RA2 and 3 are noting like RA1, at least in spririt, this is closer to the spirit of RA1)

But come on, is this what you mean when you say better integrated and more skill-based? Really?

I LOVE ICELAND!

for me would be the age of empires series, with 3 being the best

Yawn, this thread turned into the same thread every other RTS thread turns into. Starcraft is the best and here's why with a bunch of buzz words like balance and posting of Korean 'pro' videos.

It just goes to show you, Starcraft will always be deemed the 'best' because it was the 'most popular'. Even if a new RTS comes out that does have better 'balance' and 'gameplay' (which I feel, multiple have). And Starcraft 2 is being set up for the biggest case of sequel effect in history.

Six upcoming games you should look into: