By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Best RTS...

mirgro said:
And starcraft isn't epic? Seriously?

Where do I say that?

Around the Network
KungKras said:
Rickz0r said:
zarx said:
title not = Starcraft does not compute...

I should probably pick this game up sometime maybe on a steam sale.

Starcraft = overrated.

The micro-management in CoH is way better integrated.

I assume that by "Better integrated", you mean "Less skill based"

No. Infact, I mean the complete opposite.

Rickz0r said:
mirgro said:
Rickz0r said:
Sharky54 said:
Rickz0r said:
Psssh, you wouldn't even have the strategy required to hire someone... Maybe you should go play a real, not overrated, RTS :P

I have played plenty of RTs. Starcraft is by far the most fun I have played. Total annihilation kingdoms is awesome also. Don't assume I haven't played unhyped games. Dune2000, another game I enjoyed. etc etc. Starcraft is the best RTS I have ever played.

I was only joking in that post, thought that was obvious.. I wasn't joking when I said Starcraft was overrated though..

Actually it's really not the most overrated. It is known as the best because of its balance and how perfect it is while the three races are completely different from each other. That's basically the only reason why and in the respect it is a very accurate fact.

I'm not calling it the most overrated game ever, but simply overrated.. To many people think it's the greatest RTS ever made, while by today's standards, it's clearly not. Company of Heroes has some of the best balances I've ever seen, while each Army plays really different (You'll discover that sooner or later). And when I google 'Starcraft unbalanced', I still get 20000 hits, more then CoH. And that while CoH released years after Starcraft.

Go to teamliquid. Look up pro vods. See how the subtle balances work. starcraft is not rock paper scissors to the core, but uses subtle ways that units counter each other. The people complaining about SC being unbalanced probably suck at the game. In the korean pro-scene, all races are played, and no player has ever lost by picking the wrong race. SC is not overrated, when it came out it was bashed for using outdated graphics and called a "casual" RTS. Blizzard kept patching it until it was balanced, SC continued on with strong word of mouth and evergreen sales to end up selling 10 million wich is A LOT for an RTS, especially one that was bashed by critics when it released. WC3, the second best selling sold about 4 million I believe. Starcraft stands on gameplay and gameplay alone. And it's unbeaten when it comes to gameplay, the way it plays, and how many ways that you can play it are simply unrivaled.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Rickz0r said:
KungKras said:
Rickz0r said:
zarx said:

Starcraft = overrated.

Oh really. Prove it. In what way could the micromanagement possibly compare? Does it have anything as skill-based as muta stacking for example?

EDIT: Usually, when posting SC videos, I post the REVO REAVO REAVO video becasue it's so funny. But to prove my point, this time I'll post some videos of Jaedong microing mutalisks against a terran. The mutas are hopelessly outnumbered by marines and turrets, but by stacking them, he can utilize their zero attack animation to dart around killing stuff and taking minimal damage. It's really exciting to watch, and fun to learn to master. And no other RTS does things like that the way SC does.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Rickz0r said:
zarx said:

Starcraft = overrated.

ok, you lost my interest there

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Rickz0r said:
zarx said:

Starcraft = overrated.

ok, you lost my interest there

Since you're saying that, I assume you like Starcraft, and very much in that. When I say Starcraft is overrated, and I like CoH very much. Then that should gain some interest with u. Since that means that there are other, perhaps better, RTSes out there, that u need to discover. 

KungKras said:
Rickz0r said:
KungKras said:
Rickz0r said:
zarx said:

Starcraft = overrated.

Oh really. Prove it. In what way could the micromanagement possibly compare? Does it have anything as skill-based as muta stacking for example?

EDIT: Usually, when posting SC videos, I post the REVO REAVO REAVO video becasue it's so funny. But to prove my point, this time I'll post some videos of Jaedong microing mutalisks against a terran. The mutas are hopelessly outnumbered by marines and turrets, but by stacking them, he can utilize their zero attack animation to dart around killing stuff and taking minimal damage. It's really exciting to watch, and fun to learn to master. And no other RTS does things like that the way SC does.

Really, u should watch some Pro's playing CoH, or just read through some strategies on Gamereplays.org . CoH has lots of Micro Managae possibilites.

Foamer said:
zarx said:
title not = Medieval 2does not compute...

Fixed...

Medieval II is the only Total War game that I like.

Having played the games mentioned...

Starcraft = better
C&C Tiberium Dawn = Better
Red Alert 1 = Better

And based on the beta....

The Best RTS.... is Starcraft 2.

Rickz0r said:
KungKras said:
Rickz0r said:
KungKras said:
Rickz0r said:
zarx said:

Starcraft = overrated.

Really, u should watch some Pro's playing CoH, or just read through some strategies on Gamereplays.org . CoH has lots of Micro Managae possibilites.

I gave you an example, now you give me one. Name just one thing that would be equal to what I just showed you.

I LOVE ICELAND!