By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

sorry for not posting, I've been sick for 3 days which really sucks. This post is essentially what I typed up 2 days ago, but didn't get around to posting. Nothing significant has happened since then other than some votes, so the content is essentially the same, so yay for that. So on to the post...

you guys give me way to much credit for being smart. I really don't plan that far ahead. But then again, I'm not that stupid that I'd roleclaim something like that. I could have easily come up with a roleclaim like SAK, or TheRepulic (can't do it today type crap). To top it off, I was under 0 pressure to roleclaim, as no one voted for me the previous day (even after I offered that option to force a roleclaim). You really think I have the foresight to jump on Mario day 1, and then roleclaim with the 1st post on day 3? I'm flattered.

Also, j0's role wasn't crazy by any means. He was a Bodyguard, which is a normal (but not often used) role. I even had him pegged as a protective role (specifically a doctor, but then I also thought he could be human ) before he roleclaimed. I wouldn't say he was a protective role before he roleclaimed, as that would just be incredibly stupid for the town. To paraphrase WoW there are mostly useless roles (like Trangent or even DSister) and then there are useful with limited uses (like j0 and myself)

(as a note, last time I typed this I typed I don't know why I'm defeinding myself, but I guess now I have 2 votes )

anyways, I will

vote SuperAdrianK

Why?

Easy, and the biggest reason. He missed a giant monkey image in the middle of the screen and voted for final-fan after WoW decreed that no one can vote Final-Fan today. This was at ~6:30pm (he lives on the east coast like me) or so, not incredibly late, or incredibly early. (I could be wrong on the time, but I know it wasn't super late). Not only that, he didn't correct it until hours later after someone quoted him and pointed out his mistake. The monkey was only like 3 posts above his and it was huge. Now, I can understand missing a post, but a giant image is unexcuseable especially from the moderator of the game. As a note, 1 post above the post he quoted was where Final-Fan said "Reveal Royalty" in bold, which sorta indicates he is using his power, then SAK posted about 55 minutes after WoW, missing 3 total posts which after I post I typically make sure no one jumped infront of my post. The whole thing reads like he jumped in the thread, checked the last post, quoted it and walked away, came back an hour later posted and never actually bothered to read anything.

Other reasons - last to vote Mario after being pressured. Last to vote trangent while some people were waiting for falcon to show up. Claims he tried to get killed night 1 and didn't use his power when he could have tried to get killed night 2 (where he claims to have used his power).

It's either that, or I vote TheRepublic because he refuses to roleclaim.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
SuperAdrianK said:
therepublic, truck, and nord, why don't you vote for someone? Or are you still choosing (I guess I understand about truck but Im still waiting on nord or therepublic to vote.)

I'm gonna kick myself in my royal pants if I wake up in a human town tomorrow, but ...

why should SAK care who a HUMAN votes for? 

Unvote nordlead
I will muse on this more later.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

It's true SAK never answered when I asked why he taunted people with his "awesomeness" on day one but didn't use his power on night 1.

Then again using the same logic as nordlead did just now, do I think SAK had the foresight to say he's awesome over and over in the first two days so he could make his kart riding zombie role claim on day 3? I have trouble believing that.

Signature goes here!

It's also true that SAK was trying to slow down the charge against SM128 on Day 1, unlike nordlead who fanned the flames.

Going AFK now.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

nordlead said:

Easy, and the biggest reason. He missed a giant monkey image in the middle of the screen and voted for final-fan after WoW decreed that no one can vote Final-Fan today. This was at ~6:30pm (he lives on the east coast like me) or so, not incredibly late, or incredibly early. (I could be wrong on the time, but I know it wasn't super late). Not only that, he didn't correct it until hours later after someone quoted him and pointed out his mistake. The monkey was only like 3 posts above his and it was huge. Now, I can understand missing a post, but a giant image is unexcuseable especially from the moderator of the game. As a note, 1 post above the post he quoted was where Final-Fan said "Reveal Royalty" in bold, which sorta indicates he is using his power, then SAK posted about 55 minutes after WoW, missing 3 total posts which after I post I typically make sure no one jumped infront of my post. The whole thing reads like he jumped in the thread, checked the last post, quoted it and walked away, came back an hour later posted and never actually bothered to read anything.

It was definitely strange that SuperAdrianK missed that.  But why does it make him human?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

At this point I believe SuperAdrianK over Nordlead.

Vote: Nordlead

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Ok, I have all the posts from Nordlead that make me think he isn't suspicious. After I get back from mowing the lawn I'll post my thoughts on them

Ok, this is why I am inclined to believe that Nordlead is in fact a smart zombie.

He was the first one to mention that the powerful roles would have a kind of use cap. Which would make sense since his roleclaim apparently says he only has one use

Nordlead said:

you guys do realize that WoW said that people with useful roles will have limited uses. I don't see why we should encourage this type of behavior.
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3258328&page=3&postnum=23
I think any investigative roles would be best off waiting til night 2 unless they have unlimited (or a lot) of investigations. While we may clear 1 person tonight, it might prevent us from investigating someone who is actually suspicious on night 3 or 4.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3267016&page=1&postnum=79

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Here is another post that just puts off a vibe

Nordlead said:

Agreed, but I don't like encouraging someone to make a stupid decision. Also, the game should have 3 nights minimum where skills will be important. (9 people, 2 down per night) However, I did mistake that the game would last 4 nights as the last few games I've been in have had +20 people.

If anything, the insistance on flushing out a lie detector or investigative role seems scummy to me. Yes, I still have my big game mentality on, but so be it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3267912&page=1&postnum=82

I hate to bring in the last game, but wth?!? WoW did the (exact) same thing that Trangent did last game, and we all know what happened there. He was hunted down relentlessly. And now when Nordlead brings up the same argument it looks suspicious? (Yes, I do remember that Trangent flipped scum).

________________________________________________________________________This post I’m just going to quote a bit of

Nordlead said:

ok, First off I want to say you lied during day 1. You didn't have to start the lie detector crap and claim zombie if you weren't a zombie. You now claim you are a Telephone Poll. Second you lied again, because you wouldn't have given the no-lynch a majority or even a plurality. This is a HUGE no-no for a pro-town player to do. Even if you are telling the truth now I see no reason to encourage pro-town lying, and I have no problem lynching you. I for one haven't lied once, you on the other hand we don't know how many times you have. Town should never lie EVER. liars are a thorn in my scum hunting side. You earned your way to the top of my list through such play tactics. In fact, you falsly drew the attention of the town. Now anyone who suspected you has nothing to go on.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3298630&page=4&postnum=23

I can see why Nordlead would be upset. It seems that he misunderstood Trangent’s role and thought that he wouldn’t have shown up as a zombie. This would have been a waste of his one and only investigation.

This is just what I think of him so far. And the reason that I will not vote for Nordlead. And keep my vote on the person that I feel is scummy 

Vote Count

nordlead - SuperAdrianK, theRepublic (L-2)

SuperAdrianK - nordlead (L-3)

theRepublic - dsister44 (L-3)

Not voting - Final-Fan, TruckOSaurus

With 6 alive, 4 votes are required to lynch.

(Final-Fan may neither be voted nor lynched this day)

Recent posts have made it much harder for me to feel confident in any lynch. I even considered a No Lynch scenario, but it probably wouldn't help any. Here are my current thoughts:

--I believe dsister is a zombie.
--If SuperAdrianK or theRepublic are human, I believe it may well be a lone wolf situation (only one human left) ... it's true that there were several potentially nightkill immune roles, but they all had drawbacks (might die, can't vote, has to hammer); and we have no doctor and an extremely limited investigator. So a two human game isn't out of the question IMO.
--If there are two humans, I think it's very likely that nordlead is one of them.
--dsister did a pretty good job of defending nordlead. If nordlead is human, he likely planned this well in advance. Can anyone comment on the plausibility of this?

@ theRepublic, please reconsider not roleclaiming today. At the least, can you say whether you think that there are one or two humans left, based on your extra knowledge of your own role?

@dsister, forgive me if I missed this from earlier, but why exactly do you suspect theRepublic? Just because he won't roleclaim?

To respond to dsister's post: the first quote of nordlead is interesting because it was what made me suspicious of him on Day 1. His hypersensitivity to trangent supposedly trying to flush out an investigator seemed illogical and consequently scummy to me at the time. Now, if he was himself a lie detector, I could see him being hypersensitive to discussion of the possibility of one. But I could also see him being human and trying to discredit trangent's little campaign. And in point of fact he did resist going along with the pledge of allegiance for what seemed like a disturbingly long time.

Similarly, he might have been recommending that people not blow limited investigations on Night 1 because he himself had only the one ... or maybe because he wanted to delay any potential detection, and because he's a popular Night 1 target on both sides.

And although he did vote for SM128 (was the first in fact IIRC), he might have seen the writing on the wall, as suspicion was clearly at a very high level, and just wanted the day over with before any more crazy revelations happened. SM128 was floundering a bit and it's conceivable that he could have implicated nordlead somehow before going down.

Ultimately, for me, in this game, it boils down to the fact that I want to go with my gut -- it was right on Day 1 even though I second guessed myself later on. Maybe I'll regret it when I wake up in Humantown tomorrow, but hopefully not.

Vote nordlead
Do your thing Trucks.

P.S. Yes I realize that I am asking theRepublic to roleclaim at the same time I am moving us closer to the end of the day which would preclude him from complying, not to mention stop me from acting on that info. What can I say -- I'm torn. If he does give it that may cause me to at least temporarily step back and reassess.