By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So does anyone still think the PS3 will sell under 8M?

ok maybe 9M is a long shot.

Around the Network

I made the prediction July 1st. Sticking to it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

PS3 will have 7.99m sold by end of year, so no, it won't pass 8 million.

the PS3 will have such a good christmas in Europe. There is alot more advertising for the PS3. R&C adverts have been on for a while. And I saw a Singstar advert today, if that catches on (it should the singstore looks great) expect a minimum of 8.5M sales by the end of the year.

1.64 million in five weeks equals out to about 333k per week, which is not really out of the question going into the holiday season, and also, it's been selling well in others and JP, and it's only going to go up in america, with Christmas getting closer. As I said in my sig, It will definetly do 8, and I believe it could do up to 9, depending on sales going into the last two weeks b4 christmas.

Around the Network

Ironically, my 7.75m sales from April this year seems like it'll be spot-on.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

1,64 mln. in 5 weeks. and with last week`s 330k ? =)
Well, if sales will only increase all other 5 weeks, it`s probably to sell 8,5 mln. =)

But if PS3 will make 9 mln., then it will be just GREAT! =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

If it makes it to 9 million it would suprise me and everyone else on the site.

I only expect 8 million at tops.

mM

Well it's a tough one. This week or next week's sales data will probably drop down a little bit. Bout 250k. So in 4 weeks it'll need 1.4 million, or about 350k a week. Sounds reasonable now. I personally would have never though PS3 would be able to hit 8 million by the end of the year, but I think I may have underestimated the power of the holiday season. Underestimated its increase. Or I didn't know Sony would float $3 billion of it's own stock to do pricedrops and new SKU's. I think it's a little bit of both.

But 8 million seems reasonable in theory. Really is going to depend on this week coming up. If it hits the 250k like I think it will then it shouldn't have too many problems hitting 8 million. But if it drops to more around 200k, then increases for the following weeks may not be as large as well. So its a tough call right now, although I think it's mroe in favor to hit 8 million than not to hit it. But I'll need to see next week's sales to really get a strong idea.

I think it's doable for the PS3 to manage 8 million sold. they should be selling better than usual during the Xmas season. If they don't reach 8million though it's not going to bode well for them.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her