By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do people vote for Hilary and Obama?

McCain - Smart guy, knows Washington and has friends on both sides of the aisle, I think he would help make the Presidency less polar. His problem? He won't cut military funding, something which I used to be in favor of but now that I am older I see the consequences of needed to provide the resources to such a large military.

For the life of me I don't understand this You do know the United States military budget is larger than the next 7 developed countries combined right..... I don't know maybe say we cut it downt to only the top 5 we could help pay for this countries debt.... or even better help the weak American dollar. This one is kind of important maybe fix that big American city that's still in shambles. Yes New Orleans help those people out, or help the majority of Americans that can't get health care because it's ridiculously expensive. 

Around the Network

dear god everyone switch to republican and vote Ron Paul and save America

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

I can't say much about the Reps since I have to admit I don't pay attention to them but I will make an effort and will watch the CNN youtube debate that's coming up.

elprincipe said:
Nintendownsmii said:
leo-j said:
Hilary is going to give free medicare for everyone..

Umm... have you even heard her policy? It is NOT free. Infact those who currently can't, or choose not to, pay for health care will get screwed because she will make it law that you have to have health care.

This is a common misconception, especially among underage folks who know little about politics like leo-j. OMGWTFBBQ, the government is paying for it so that means it's FREE!!11!111! Anyone who knows anything will realize that government, being less efficient than the private sector in every single thing it ever has done in its history, will spend more of our money (involuntarily, unlike the current system) on health care than we do now, and the service will be worse. Or we will spend the same amount and the service will be much, much worse. Or we will spend a ton more and the service will be the same. Bottom line, we, the taxpayers, lose. Although I guess leo-j doesn't pay taxes, so no big deal, right?

Believe it or not, you're the one with the common misconception. Do you think that the United States is the only industrialized country without socialized medicine because it's better that way? Please, we've been lied to about public healthcare for decades. Our country has become worse over the past 4-5 decades as we've lost many of the government assitance programs that made oppertunity so widespread here. Ronald Raegan was the worst thing to ever happen to this country, I would argue he was even a worse president than George Bush or Richard Nixon because it was Raegan who did such disasterous damage to the people, then lied to our faces about it. If you want more clarification of this, please just ask me. I could write pages on the regression our country has been going through over the past few decades, but to get back to the original point, you are very, very, wrong.

ssj12 said:

Seriously? Ron Paul would not "save" America... He has some very appealing Libertarian viewpoints, but I would much rather have my roads, schools, and hospitals be built by tax dollars than private corporations. Contrary to foolhardy opinion, we need taxes for the country to work. If we started taxing the right people, our country would be very "saved" and we could actually have some decent public works again.

Around the Network

Well I'm not a registered voter so I could care less who the American people vote to be the new president.

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

allstarr35 said:
ssj12 said:

I can't say much about the Reps since I have to admit I don't pay attention to them but I will make an effort and will watch the CNN youtube debate that's coming up.

click the lik in my sig and enjoy the best candidate running for pres. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I would like you to clarify exactly why Regan was such a bad President I have heard it many times but never really understood why people say it...... I am a tad on the young side but still i should know these things....

allstarr35 said:
I would like you to clarify exactly why Regan was such a bad President I have heard it many times but never really understood why people say it...... I am a tad on the young side but still i should know these things....

Gladly, I'll send it to you in a message.

I really hope Hilary or Obama do not get elected. I personally want a Republican to win but if it has to be a Democrat then I would rather have Gore or someone.

PC Gamer