By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

big numbers. Biggest March ever confirmed?

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network

Good Week. Can't figure out why people keep going on about shortages and still expect a massive improvement in PS3 sales on the back of GOW3 next week.

Has sony made a statement about more stock this\next week? I haven't read about any.

jarrod said:
Kilzoned82 said:
Wii outsells the PS3 by 40k. PS3 outsells the 360 by almost 50k. Next week should be interesting. PS3 should win the sales week over the Wii and outsell the 360 by over 100k with the launch of God of War III. God of War III should break the 1 million sales barrier in its launch week. 500k copies of God of War III will be sold in NA alone.

It really depends on supply.  I half wonder if Nintendo hasn't been stockpiling for GOW3 week themselves?

PS3 should win Japan handily at least though, thanks to Yakuza 4 & the DVR add-on.  

Not sure why they would, we noticed from price cuts by the HD consoles that it doesn't effect Wii sales, only sales of the HD consoles. So the X360 would really be only one in trouble. I doubt your going to have very many people pondering whether they should by a PS3 for GoWIII or a Wii.

sony are doing a clever one. they are having shortages now to starve everyone then will release a huge batch around the time when microsoft cut price and release natal, then a huge increase from all those people wanting a ps3 for months and sony wins the the last few months in america and microsoft look like losers! lol, im jokin btw.

justinian said:
Good Week. Can't figure out why people keep going on about shortages and still expect a massive improvement in PS3 sales on the back of GOW3 next week.

Has sony made a statement about more stock thisnext week? I haven't read about any.

I think it was Peter Dille who was quoted in an article on IGN about increasing supply for big launches including GOW.  But I still can't find any in my area in Austin.

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network

Nice PS3 sales. Could be higher if there were no shortage. How come Sony got shortage problem when lots PS3 exclusive games were released ? Sony and Nintendo should learn from Microsoft. I never heard any major X360 shortage while PS3 and Wii (especially) had a lot.

Probably the Wii will be down YoY for a month or so mainly because of shortages in US...then there are MH3, SMG2 and Metroid Other M, which will sell some more systems, and hopefully the shortages will end in April-May, so this year will most likely be better than 2009 (both sales and quality wise).

DS is reaching great numbers, 150+m LTD is pretty sure (hell, it may reach 150m even before 2010 ends!).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Buzzi said:
Probably the Wii will be down YoY for a month or so mainly because of shortages in US...then there are MH3, SMG2 and Metroid Other M, which will sell some more systems, and hopefully the shortages will end in April-May, so this year will most likely be better than 2009 (both sales and quality wise).

DS is reaching great numbers, 150+m LTD is pretty sure (hell, it may reach 150m even before 2010 ends!).

Nintendo should ship no less than 145 Million end of this year, if DS keeps on selling well like now shipments will top PS2 around September. I can see DS doing about 175 Million if it stays on the market long enough.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

i think ff 13 is slightly undertracked

Nintendogamer said:
Buzzi said:

Nintendo should ship no less than 145 Million end of this year, if DS keeps on selling well like now shipments will top PS2 around September. I can see DS doing about 175 Million if it stays on the market long enough.

Yes, I'd see Wii reaching quite easily 150M LTD (even 160M, I'd dare to say, particularly if the number of well-off in China, India and other emerging countries increase enough during this gen), but DS should even more easily go beyond that.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!