By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Results of PS3 Hack Shown

Acevil said:
NinjaV said:
Bamboleo said:
Call me when the PS3 can play illegal copies of games.

dirty pirate!

UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!

But seriously ps3 play illegal copies would be alright....because blu-ray burner and disc are still expensive or the fact that downloading games would require time and possibly money (depending on the ISP)

Would be smarter to let the Isos play from the harddrive....

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Acevil said:
NinjaV said:
Bamboleo said:
Call me when the PS3 can play illegal copies of games.

dirty pirate!

UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!

But seriously ps3 play illegal copies would be alright....because blu-ray burner and disc are still expensive or the fact that downloading games would require time and possibly money (depending on the ISP)

Would be smarter to let the Isos play from the harddrive....

See how old school I am....when it comes to piracy on consoles...I keep forgetting you can do that now a days. 

Well..... congrats to the dude who managed to finally hack the PS3.   It really is a bit of a crappy hack though!!   :)

The dude abides   

Mazty said:
Interesting but really, what's the need...? If you can install a Linux OS, then you can use the PS3 for most applications you'd want...Seems an impressive feat but one without any real point behind it.

slims cannot install Linux anymore.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

That GeoHot guy sure has a lot of time to spare. Good for him though, he might just get hired by some huge company because he's notorious. Anyway, I agree that the hack is pretty pointless for now.

Around the Network
WarmachineX said:
Mazty said:
Interesting but really, what's the need...? If you can install a Linux OS, then you can use the PS3 for most applications you'd want...Seems an impressive feat but one without any real point behind it.

slims cannot install Linux anymore.

It's a Computer. You can install whatever you want on it. IT just doesnt support it. 

Sekishu said:
That GeoHot guy sure has a lot of time to spare. Good for him though, he might just get hired by some huge company because he's notorious. Anyway, I agree that the hack is pretty pointless for now.

pretty sure he made millions already with his iphone donations. 

PS3 being hack to play bootleg it will never happen not today, not tomorrow not ever, you all mark my words mark it.

I'll hate to see the ps3 getting hack. Is the one thing all pirates want but can't have. N the best way to torture them is by denying it to them. I wonder if MS is learning anything from Sony. Th first person that gets a full hack into the ps3 is probably the biggest nerd without a job in these planet or even the universe! Congrats in advance mr. Nerd

I hate hackers they ruined the PSP, destroyed PC sales, and has hurt the 360. Seriously people you guys make sick.