By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor Microsoft To Announce $149 Slim At E3

Microsoft making a reliable slim model is like Sony openly saying we talk the truth about everything. PLEASE its just a LOL and even if it were true i gurantee they will fail with a month of release lol. If anything Microsoft will release a totally new console sooner rather than later

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

Garnett said:
When the 360 goes below $199 its a signal that the generation is coming to an end.

LOL at this comment. Like Microsoft have controlled this gen LOL I think if the 360 goes below $199 you meant to say its the end of the 360 competing?

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Not sure what to make of this. I know the 360 slim is real, but if they can indeed get this Xbox with this price out with Natal at $199? That'd be pretty big.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Can't see why the price point isn't real, it's been US$199 for 18 months or so now.
In fact, the more I think about it the more I think the price cut is real.

They won't drop the price the same time as they launch Natal as they already have Natal to increase sales. Dropping the price after E3 with the new form factor would build some good momentum between now and Xmas and stop people wanting a 360 console from waiting until the Natal launch.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Sweet now i can have both ps3 and 360 hell yeah! Ive been waiting for this moment.

Even though the 360 is becoming very dated technology-wise, it still rules in online gaming.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Around the Network
RAZurrection said:
HoodFigga said:
If true, I think this pretty much puts Sony in last for the rest of this gen.

Yep.

Oh no, PS3 is doomed agan!

Mr Puggsly said:
Chairman-Mao said:
HoodFigga said:
If true, I think this pretty much puts Sony in last for the rest of this gen.

No it doesn't. The 360 arcade is already $100 cheaper and is getting its ass kicked weekly. What makes you think an extra $50 cheaper will make the difference?

You aren't considering the many who want the console with a hard drive. A $50 price cut will be a definite deal breaker. Also, the update that allows USB stick support will make the Arcade models more desireable.

Okay as for the USB thing, I have no idea what that means and I'd consider myself fairly informed about gaming related things; so I doubt the average gamer (casual gamer or whatever) will know either so that won't make a difference.

And yeah I'm not saying a $50 drop won't help but I don't think it's gonna skyrocket 360 above PS3. $200 (current price) is very affordable already so I don't think too many people who want an Xbox 360 were waiting for it to drop lower than $200. Its not like the PS3 which went from an expensive $400 to a fairly affordable $300 when they did the slim.

So yeah it'll help and the 360 will probably go back to dominating in North America (its pretty close right now) but it won't stop the PS3 IMO.

jhuff394 said:

Sweet now i can have both ps3 and 360 hell yeah! Ive been waiting for this moment.

Even though the 360 is becoming very dated technology-wise, it still rules in online gaming.

The 360 is less dated than the Wii, which happens to be leading in sales.

It's not just the price cut, it's the price cut plus the model revision. It's almost like a platform relaunch.

Something else I've noticed, for some reason repeat purchases only tend to get considered when it comes to handhelds, but the truth is it applies to consoles just as much. Almost everyone I knew with a "fat" PS2 upgraded to a slim at some point soon after it released, and the same is proving true among the PS3 owners I know. And honestly, with a platform like 360 that's notorious for (un)reliability, I think that effect could be even more pronounced.

Bladeforce said:

Garnett said:
When the 360 goes below $199 its a signal that the generation is coming to an end.

LOL at this comment. Like Microsoft have controlled this gen LOL I think if the 360 goes below $199 you meant to say its the end of the 360 competing?

It doesnt matter who controls it, you think the generation would end if the Wii HD came out? No the HD consoles would still be going.

I was saying in general, since 360 is the cheapest console (along with the Wii) When a console goes below half of its launch price that means the generation is COMING (not at a end) to an end.