By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor Microsoft To Announce $149 Slim At E3

Chairman-Mao said:
HoodFigga said:
If true, I think this pretty much puts Sony in last for the rest of this gen.

No it doesn't. The 360 arcade is already $100 cheaper and is getting its ass kicked weekly. What makes you think an extra $50 cheaper will make the difference?

You aren't considering the many who want the console with a hard drive. A $50 price cut will be a definite deal breaker. Also, the update that allows USB stick support will make the Arcade models more desireable.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Not sure about price cuts, but 360 slim with no evidential proof?
Natal will probably be bundled with the 360, then it will get a price cut

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

So a slim 360 Arcade for $149 and a slim 360 w/ some HDD for $199.

That makes sense and would be a good buy.

They definitely won't switch to no skus with HDDs. That would be silly, plus even in a slim size, they could still put a HDD on in a slightly different orientation. Plus, the slim model may still be the same width, just shrunk in the other two dimensions.

E3 is heating up to be really exciting this year.

maybe but then again people that really wanted 360 they got it so now what is left is ps3

Well we have all known a price cut was coming for MS this year, they haven't had one since 2008. The slim talk seems to be the standard PR leaks designed to build attention before the official announcement. As for the pricing I'm not sure about a natal package being priced at $249. I'm pretty sure MS is gonna want that at $199.

Around the Network
Chairman-Mao said:
HoodFigga said:
If true, I think this pretty much puts Sony in last for the rest of this gen.

No it doesn't. The 360 arcade is already $100 cheaper and is getting its ass kicked weekly. What makes you think an extra $50 cheaper will make the difference?

Because the overall sales would probably increase by at least 30% per week. That would put the Xbox 360 slightly ahead in weekly sales. Although the effects of Natal/Move would also change the dynamic as well but all else remaining equal it would be a reasonably significant boost for sales.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

When the 360 goes below $199 its a signal that the generation is coming to an end.

Garnett said:
When the 360 goes below $199 its a signal that the generation is coming to an end.

i think this statement you just made is wrong! so is (rumor i no) going to b ring out a slim 360 and natal then bring a new xbox out soon after ??

i really doubt that as they need to make some money back on there investement and bringing out the 720 will lead to big losses again

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

This is pure SF :D Slim without HDD ??? Yeah, right... Maybe Slim Arcade version but there must be a Slim with HDD.

I think it will be something like this: Slim with 250Gb HDD - 250$ / Without HDD - 150$

Chance of it dropping that far? = VERY low imo

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!