By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor Microsoft To Announce $149 Slim At E3

If MS does launch a NATAL-centric Arcade for $149....Wow. That'd be a killer move by MS.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Kilzoned82 said:
$199 360 Slim with inbuilt HDD with Natal
$149 360 Slim with inbuilt HDD w/o Natal

Aggressive marketing and aggressive pricing is needed in the late stages of the game. MS must make the next move. Gran Turismo 5 is Sony's answer to the 360 Slim + Halo:Reach + Natal combo.

Umm, no, just Halo: Reach. Natal must be answered by strong and mainstream software that makes good use of both the eyetoy and the capabilities of the Move. That, and aggressive marketing.

360 slim can be answered by another revision and price drop.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I hope Ms does it xD i could get one like that

@nightsurge

By how much do you see 360 sales increasing, both in the U.S. and Europe, if a $199 slim comes true?....20%?...30%?...more?

richardhutnik said:
One could see the current arcade being dropped to $149, and the Natal equipped Arcade end up being $199, and packed in with a game that is like Wii Sports. They also could sell Natal without the game for $50 or so. This would make sense. Then look for the Elite to do the same. You get a $250 elite without Natal and a $299 Elite with Natal. The new model would end up being Slim.

You literally came into my brain and stole almost word for word what I was going to type.  Wow.

Somebody give this man a star!  Huh ...?  Really?  Oh, ok, oops, wrong website . . .

Around the Network

If it is $149 then the price then the UK price would have to be £99. The arcade is already £149 and foreign companies love just changing the $ for £ but they can't do that here.

JGarret said:
@nightsurge

By how much do you see 360 sales increasing, both in the U.S. and Europe, if a $199 slim comes true?....20%?...30%?...more?

Does the $199 slim include Natal, or just the standard console with a 250GB HDD?

If $199 includes 250GB HDD + Natal - my prediction would be about a 30% increase to make sales from Sep-Jan be over 9 million worldwide.

If $249 includes 250GB HDD + Natal and the $199 is just the HDD - I could see a 15-20% increase.  All depends on how much advertising is put behind all this relaunch and how many games are out for Natal.

I'm totally guessing as I have no idea how much of an impact it could have, but it will be big.  I do predict the 360 will win the holiday over PS3 for 2010, though.

radiantshadow92 said:
if they do this then the wii better watch out lol

if i was a wii i would say

Just Bring it 

lol

What if Sony surprises us and comes out with an even newer slim for $200-250. I dont kknow if you guys noticed but sony has been quiet lately about E3. I have a feeling they have something huge to show.

SpartenOmega117 said:
What if Sony surprises us and comes out with an even newer slim for $200-250. I dont kknow if you guys noticed but sony has been quiet lately about E3. I have a feeling they have something huge to show.

i wouldnt doubt this at all or maybe change some internals on it to make it cheaper because as time progresses on we will see more cheap parts, if the xbox is priced at 149.99 it still doesnt have blu ray/wifi... if xbox360 drops its price to 149.99 i am willing to bet anything PS3 will drop its price to at least 249.99...........