By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Million sellers by publisher

Kasz216 said:
damndl0ser said:
Wow, it looks as if 3rd party developers probably love the 360! Eye opening to say the least!

Keep in mind... 360 had a head start.

How exactly does this matter?  The 360's third party performance is astounding no matter.  Its nearly equal to that of the PS3 and th Wii combined.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
damndl0ser said:
Kasz216 said:
damndl0ser said:
Wow, it looks as if 3rd party developers probably love the 360! Eye opening to say the least!

How exactly does this matter?  The 360's third party performance is astounding no matter.  Its nearly equal to that of the PS3 and th Wii combined.

How does it matter?  It's been out longer... I mean, what more is there to say.

If one guy is ahead of another guy by 10 homeruns career totals wise and he's been in the majors a year longer... what's that really tell us?

Million sellers divided by months on the market is a better metric.

I mean, 360's been out a year longer... and it's been what... about 4 years?  That's like a 25% advantage.

Kasz216 said:
damndl0ser said:
Kasz216 said:
damndl0ser said:

If one guy is ahead of another guy by 10 homeruns career totals wise and he's been in the majors a year longer... what's that really tell us?

I mean, 360's been out a year longer... and it's been what... about 4 years?  That's like a 25% advantage.

I bet if you discount all of the first year mil sellers, it still wouldn't change the number in a meaningful way.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

The HD systems just dominate 3rd party support while Nintendo rides the 1st party train. A very balanced generation.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
FastFord58 said:
Kasz216 said:
damndl0ser said:
Kasz216 said:
damndl0ser said:

I bet if you discount all of the first year mil sellers, it still wouldn't change the number in a meaningful way.

I think the number is 10.  This would make a meaningful change.

Around the Network

Microsoft looks like a bigger publisher than I have seen them given credit for. Interesting stuff right there considering the size of their stable of 1st/2nd parties.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

amp316 said:
So Nintendo sells more third party games than Sony?

You learn something new every day.

I knew that already. But I didn't realize MS had more million sellers than Sony.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Garnett said:
FreeTalkLive said:
So Wii has the longest list. Xbox 360 has the most million sellers. PS3 loses at everything?

It only does EVERYTHING!

360 is a beast!

You have made my day. That got more than a small chuckle out of me.

Hm, Sony should be moving up to 15 million sellers in just a month or so. God of War will cross a million its very first week in all probability, and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Heavy Rain, and the God of War Collection should all break a million within a month or two (assuming I'm recalling correctly that the Collection will be hitting Europe very soon).

Socom: Confrontation will also finally break a million in a few months, putting them at 16. As will MAG.  Of course, Confrontation has easily made up that last 15k in digital sales, I'm sure. :P

Twistedpixel said:
Microsoft looks like a bigger publisher than I have seen them given credit for. Interesting stuff right there considering the size of their stable of 1st/2nd parties.

just because they have sales doesn't mean they are any bigger than you thought they were..

there 1st party studios are microscopic next to SONY and NINTENDO

mM