By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Early Famitsu Sales 3/8 - 3/14

mibuokami said:

@ Jarrod, Disgaea 3is a known franchise with a pretty hardcore fanbase while Absolute Hero is not only a new franchise but also from a pretty niche genre (ditto for Disgaea). Those number aren't great but is it really a bomb?

Yeah, it's a bomb.  NIS isn't in good shape and this is their highest profile release since D3 (and it's by the same team).  It's more of a side project for the Disgaea team though, so hopefully means they're busting ass on Disgaea 4 for this fall.  

Still, this game should've probably moved double 1st week.  Really really bad for NIS and Team Disgaea.  Maybe it'll have legs though...

Around the Network
jarrod said:
mibuokami said:

@ Jarrod, Disgaea 3is a known franchise with a pretty hardcore fanbase while Absolute Hero is not only a new franchise but also from a pretty niche genre (ditto for Disgaea). Those number aren't great but is it really a bomb?

Yeah, it's a bomb.  NIS isn't in good shape and this is their highest profile release since D3 (and it's by the same team).  It's more of a side project for the Disgaea team though, so hopefully means they're busting ass on Disgaea 4 for this fall.  

Still, this game should've probably moved double 1st week.  Really really bad for NIS and Team Disgaea.  Maybe it'll have legs though...

Really? I just fine it odd that this was a hi profile release when the during their quarterly where they announce their massive lost they didn't even mention this game in their 'strategy' to get back in the game... just more Disgaea planned for this year or something o_O

mibuokami said:
jarrod said:
mibuokami said:

Really? I just fine it odd that this was a hi profile release when the during their quarterly where they announce their massive lost they didn't even mention this game in their 'strategy' to get back in the game... just more Disgaea planned for this year or something o_O

Oh, this is still a big game for NIS. Relative to NIS.

It has a lot of cameos from various anime as well, but it's still a PSP SRPG. It's sad to see it not selling very well, but a lot of games are underperforming right now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
mibuokami said:
jarrod said:
mibuokami said:

It has a lot of cameos from various anime as well, but it's still a PSP SRPG. It's sad to see it not selling very well, but a lot of games are underperforming right now.

Minor correction, it's actually a PSP roguelike.  Even more niche! D:

jarrod said:
outlawauron said:
mibuokami said:
jarrod said:
mibuokami said:

Minor correction, it's actually a PSP roguelike.  Even more niche! D:

Well now I'm kinda sad. The I got to appreciate NIS late, the PSP Disgaea now rank as one of my all time favourite game. I hope they don't crash and burn >.<

Around the Network

Strikeforce is not that fun...And I guess many have found that out when they bought the first one.

The only thing I can think of why the second entry (and maybe the last) of that franchise has low first day sales.

Famitsu TOP 10 :

1. Pokemon Ranger (DS)
2. Shin Sengoku Musou MultiRaid 2 (PSP)
3. Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida Or 3D (PSP)
4. Friend Collection (DS)
5. New Super Mario Bros Wii
6. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)
7. Zettai Hero (PSP)
8. Wii Fit +
9. RPG Maker DS
10. Dragon Quest IX (Ultimate Hits)

Zettai Hero sold less than BF:BC2 ; ;

Tomodachi > NSMB Wii? Heh.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Tomodachi is a crazy beast, probably Wii needed more Tomodachi than DS.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)