By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Early Famitsu Sales 3/8 - 3/14

Tomodachi actualy improved it's sales in its 39th week? Oh, okay then.

(I'm serious, nothing about this game shocks me anymore)

Around the Network

so glad Pokemon Ranger still on top :D

jarrod said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Hmmm. So Zettai heroes didn't bomb after all.
[PSP] Absolute Hero Modding Project (NIS) 28,500 / 28,500 / 74% NEW

It did.  Well, it could've been worse, but rest assured this was well below that NIS needed.  It's the worst selling Team Disgaea game debut ever actually.

How'd it bomb? It performed in the range they were expecting it to, it's not like they shipped 200,000 and the sale through was 20%.

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Skittles said:
jarrod said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Hmmm. So Zettai heroes didn't bomb after all.
[PSP] Absolute Hero Modding Project (NIS) 28,500 / 28,500 / 74% NEW

It did.  Well, it could've been worse, but rest assured this was well below that NIS needed.  It's the worst selling Team Disgaea game debut ever actually.

How'd it bomb? It performed in the range they were expecting it to, it's not like they shipped 200,000 and the sale through was 20%.

NIS doesn't decide shipment orders, retailers do.  And honestly, 74% isn't even that great a sellthrough on a low run title, it's means retail was right in the low orders and it likely wouldn't have done much better with more stock anyway.

And it should be emphasized, this was from NIS' main team, the Disgaea team.  This isn't a System Prisma port or Hitmaker shovelware, it's Team Disgaea. And it's their worst seller ever since originally nabbing some success with Disgaea, 1st week comparisons...

• [PS2] Disgaea (2003) 46,883
  • [PS2] Phantom Brave (2004) 101,558
  • [PS2] Phantom Kingdom (2005) 83,588
  • [PS2] Disgaea 2 (2006) 97,456
  • [PS2] Soul Nomad (2007) 48,433
  • [PS3] Disgaea 3 (2008) 56,441
  • [PSP] Absolute Hero (2010) 28,500

mibuokami said:

@ Jarrod, Disgaea 3is a known franchise with a pretty hardcore fanbase while Absolute Hero is not only a new franchise but also from a pretty niche genre (ditto for Disgaea). Those number aren't great but is it really a bomb?

Absolute Hero isn't a new franchise.

Not really anyway.  It's a NIS game like the rest of the NIS games.  Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics, Soul Nomad and the World Eaters... they're all part of the Disgaea family of games and so is Absolute Hero...

anyone who knows Disgaea is going to know that.

NIS games are basically their own genre in general.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
mibuokami said:

@ Jarrod, Disgaea 3is a known franchise with a pretty hardcore fanbase while Absolute Hero is not only a new franchise but also from a pretty niche genre (ditto for Disgaea). Those number aren't great but is it really a bomb?

Not really anyway.  It's a NIS game like the rest of the NIS games.  Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics, Soul Nomad and the World Eaters... they're all part of the Disgaea family of games and so is Absolute Hero...

You refer to the cameo and crossover that populate NIS game which is neat. But a number Disgaea definitely holds more weight than a new La Pucelle.

mibuokami said:
Kasz216 said:
mibuokami said:

You refer to the cameo and crossover that populate NIS game which is neat. But a number Disgaea definitely holds more weight than a new La Pucelle.

I'm not speaking about the cameos and crossovers.

I'm speaking about the rank uniformity between the series.

The NIS games like that are really no different then say.  Final Fantasy... and MOST people know this.  It's more the different conventions that make them less popular.  For example, Phantom Brave makes you have to think more strategically and that pissed a lot of people off.

Kasz216 said:
mibuokami said:
Kasz216 said:
mibuokami said:

The NIS games like that are really no different then say.  Final Fantasy... and MOST people know this.  It's more the different conventions that make them less popular.  For example, Phantom Brave makes you have to think more strategically and that pissed a lot of people off.

Perhaps I'm unique then, because I've played all 3 numbered Disgaea but have never played or even realize that their is a series uniformity for La Pucelle, Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad etc. I've read about them in reviews but there's never mention that all these game belongs in a single franchise... Oh well :/

mibuokami said:
Kasz216 said:
mibuokami said:
Kasz216 said:
mibuokami said:

Perhaps I'm unique then, because I've played all 3 numbered Disgaea but have never played or even realize that their is a series uniformity for La Pucelle, Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad etc. I've read about them in reviews but there's never mention that all these game belongs in a single franchise... Oh well :/

Your really should. La Pucelle tactics has pretty much nothing seperate from Disgaea except it being on earth instead of a netherworld. Phtanom Brave is really similar as well, except you can only keep units that aren't you leader on the field for so many turns by confining them in items on the stage. Also there are hundreds more moves to execute and learn then in disgaea because you gain abilties from the items, that very from swords to palm trees to fish. Soul nomad deviates a lot from the gameplay, and plays more like Bahamut lagoon crossed with Ogre battle, but still holds a lot of the Disgaea conventions, and when ti comes to evil main characters... i'd say it's funnier then even the original disgaea. The NIS games like this are pretty much all interconnected, they hold the same overarching premises to where basically, they could be... and likely are all just different planets in the same universe.

thanks for the heads up. I think I'll check out Soul Nomad. The greatest thing about Disgaea other than its addictive gameplay is the awesome humour.