By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are You Kidding Me? The Virtual Console Strikes Again!

LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Back on topic, I hope if this isn the Turbo CD version of Rhondo of Blood. If not, I hope that comes later (and don't say it won't, since we have both SNES and Genesis versions of Street Fighter II).

Yes, it's PCE Rondo.  Pixel perfect emulation too, unlike the shitty PSP version.  It's untranslated though, and for some reason they changed the voice tracks (maybe due to actor contracts or something?) but the new voices sound fine.

Best version of Rondo you can buy, and likely the cheapest too.

How many megabytes is it? And it's just a guess, but perhaps they couldn't use the old audio and compress it well. Again, just a guess.

267 blocks, which is about 33.5MB.  Nintendo's artificial ceiling for WW/VC is 45MB so they had room to spare really.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Back on topic, I hope if this isn the Turbo CD version of Rhondo of Blood. If not, I hope that comes later (and don't say it won't, since we have both SNES and Genesis versions of Street Fighter II).

Yes, it's PCE Rondo.  Pixel perfect emulation too, unlike the shitty PSP version.  It's untranslated though, and for some reason they changed the voice tracks (maybe due to actor contracts or something?) but the new voices sound fine.

How many megabytes is it? And it's just a guess, but perhaps they couldn't use the old audio and compress it well. Again, just a guess.

267 blocks, which is about 33.5MB.  Nintendo's artificial ceiling for WW/VC is 45MB so they had room to spare really.

How much is the orignal PCE CD ROM?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Looking at torrents, the ISO's 315MB uncompressed.

jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Wow. Shrunk to a tenth of the ROM size.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

my big problem with VC is that it is tied to the Wii itself, not an account like MS or PSN....

That and I do believe the prices for NES, SNES games are a ripoff... 64 is barely ok.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:

That and I do believe the prices for NES, SNES games are a ripoff... 64 is barely ok.

It isn't overpriced. You are just being a cheap ass.

If emulation didn't exist I'd probably blow hundreds of dollars on VirtualConsole.

But it does... so I can save my money for new games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Wow. Shrunk to a tenth of the ROM size.

Well most of the data of TG16 version is CD audio. The game itself is probably 20MB.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

famousringo said:
LuStaysTru said:
I'm just upset that I still can't put my games on another Wii.... They're gonna have to do it for the new system anyways, right?

I hope so. Buying a Wii 2 will be a lot easier if I can migrate dozens of awesome downloaded games to it.

I honestly wonder how they are going to manage this. The uncertainty surrounding this and pricing are the things holding me back from buying more VC games.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
famousringo said:
LuStaysTru said:
I'm just upset that I still can't put my games on another Wii.... They're gonna have to do it for the new system anyways, right?

I hope so. Buying a Wii 2 will be a lot easier if I can migrate dozens of awesome downloaded games to it.

I honestly wonder how they are going to manage this. The uncertainty surrounding this and pricing are the things holding me back from buying more VC games.

Well, your VC purchases can be linked to your Club Nintendo account, right?

Maybe you could sync them up...