By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are You Kidding Me? The Virtual Console Strikes Again!

Now we got Kirby's Super Star!?

There were very few games that I ever wanted for the SNES that I never managed to get my hands on. This is one of them. Definitely top 5 in terms of must have SNES downloads for me.

Around the Network

First thing i did after getting a classic controller with MH3 was get Fzero X.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

People don't mind paying for games, the industry just needs to realize that games are NOT worth what they are trying to sell them for. Its the same thing with music. A CD of music is not worth $20, it's worthmaybe $5. Game and Music Studios make enormous profits when they should be eating cereal for dinner like the programmers and writers they have deeloping their products.

People are happy paying $1 for a song if they can search for it easily and get it in a straight MP3 version without any BS involved. unfortuantely no "legal" carrier really does that and you have to go to Russian Pirate sites or download them for free. It's ironic having to go to a pirate site and pay $1 for a MP3 song when I would rather gone to a legal one but CAN'T.

The industry is competing with "free" and they had better lower their prices or go the way of the Music industry.

DrDread said:
People don't mind paying for games, the industry just needs to realize that games are NOT worth what they are trying to sell them for. Its the same thing with music. A CD of music is not worth $20, it's worthmaybe $5. Game and Music Studios make enormous profits when they should be eating cereal for dinner like the programmers and writers they have deeloping their products.

People are happy paying $1 for a song if they can search for it easily and get it in a straight MP3 version without any BS involved. unfortuantely no "legal" carrier really does that and you have to go to Russian Pirate sites or download them for free. It's ironic having to go to a pirate site and pay $1 for a MP3 song when I would rather gone to a legal one but CAN'T.

The industry is competing with "free" and they had better lower their prices or go the way of the Music industry.

Most game and music studios are actually deep in the red.  Your last sentence even acknowledges the difficulties facing the music industry.

And I believe that quite a bit of music is legally available without any form of DRM, most notably Amazon.

DrDread said:

There are people who would continue to pirate even if games cost as little as a penny.

Games are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. Pirates enter the equation very little.

Around the Network

Wow am I ever eating crow right now. I told my brother a thousand times that Kirby Super Star would never come to VC since its on the DS at full price.

I guess anything is possible...

O-D-C said:
Wow am I ever eating crow right now. I told my brother a thousand times that Kirby Super Star would never come to VC since its on the DS at full price.

Well, you can bet that there's a reason why they took their sweet time.

Maybe I should trade in my DS cart for some Wii points...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
O-D-C said:

You can PLAY AS META KNIGHT.

*cough hack*

I mean

I just don't see the advantages over the DS version

I don't blame people for not wanting to pay for games from the virtual console, especially considering the price of the games and the fact that they're locked to one system. Add to this that ROMS have been available at no charge for over a decade with none of the same restrictions that apply to games purchased from the virtual console.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Khuutra said:
famousringo said:
O-D-C said:

You can PLAY AS META KNIGHT.

*cough hack*

I mean

I just don't see the advantages over the DS version

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. And I probably couldn't get much more than $10 trade-in value, so it doesn't really pay off at the end of the day.

I like your way. It's lazier.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.