By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 Versus Killzone 2 Screenshot Comparison

LMAO, GOW 3 owns Metro. Thats not even debatable. Metro 20033 is an average linear game with some poor mechanics. 6.9 says it all. 360 fanboy. Metro amazing, LMAO. Priorotize all you want metro cant touch a game like GOW 3 which i doubt you even played. The game is very small and linear, if you call those big areas, LMAO. Even reviews say how linear it is.

You stopped playign GOW 3 (Yeah right), to play metro, all that shows is your retarded taste in games.

The stealth in this game alone is an utter joke. Not to mention the gun mechanics are poorly done.

Around the Network

Did you just use the word "linear" to describe a game when comparing it to GoW3? Seriously? Also that is another indication that you haven't even touched the game, in fact I doubt you have a core i7 rig at all, since there are many chapters where you can approach the goal in a dizzying amount of ways. Won't bother with a liar like you anymore, I'll just go talk to the wall over there instead.

Cueil said:
it's not even close... KZ2 uses all kinds of BS to hide it's imperfections... not to mention a color pallet that gives Gears 2 hugs... that really is the biggest difference... one has color the other has... grey

Find me a game that doesnt use "BS" to hide imperfections , Same stupid argument I got into with CGI FFS.

Crysis 2 for PS3 wont look as good as Kz3 and will be Lucky to look as good as KZ2 or uncharted 2.

Crysis 2 for PC VS PS3 game ~ Any, is a stupid argument.  the answer on PC to better graphics isnt to work harder its just to throw a quad SLI or Xfire set up at a poorly optimized game and say it looks awesome.  That will not work in favor for crysis 2 on consoles.

mirgro said:
Did you just use the word "linear" to describe a game when comparing it to GoW3? Seriously? Also that is another indication that you haven't even touched the game, in fact I doubt you have a core i7 rig at all, since there are many chapters where you can approach the goal in a dizzying amount of ways. Won't bother with a liar like you anymore, I'll just go talk to the wall over there instead.

GOW 3 is linear but epic in scale, metro is an average linear hooro game, like we have not seen that before, I fguess you have not played stalker, makes metro loook like crap. It is linear and no, there is no different way to do things like in stalker where you have factions to allign with, diffferent outcomes, etcx.. The steaklth is terrible, the gun mechanics are off. Its an average game,. All those reviews lying about linearity and no replay value?

milkmytoe said:

GOW 3 is linear but epic in scale, metro is an average linear hooro game, like we have not seen that before, I fguess you have not played stalker, makes metro loook like crap. It is linear and no, there is no different way to do things like in stalker where you have factions to allign with, diffferent outcomes, etcx.. The steaklth is terrible, the gun mechanics are off. Its an average game,. All those reviews lying about linearity and no replay value?

Final reply just because I don't want anyone reading your lies to actually believe them. Just about all the reviewers were idiots, they didn't even realize that armor is per-pixel hit detected and complained how knives sometimes bounce off enemies and other times killt hem in one hit. They were also apparently too stupid to notice that when they fire a weapon from stealth they are illuminated, thus causing them to get shot back, but whoever played them was too stupid to realize that too. I am very sure they were also too idiotic to realize there even were alternate routes and methods through a level. Furthermore the Stealh system works perfectly fine if you aren't and idiot and the shooting is just like any normal shooting in an atmospheric shooter. The shooting mehanics are also fine, the gun shoot straight and it shoots where you aimit. You just have to be more careful where you aim, and you can in fact kill people and mutants fast even on Hardcore if you can aim worth a damn and not just spraying. Trying to go and just shoot up the place, since trying to shoot up the place in Metro 2033 is like trying to use stealth in a CoD game. There is in fact a bunch of replay value and this is the first game since Half-Life 2 that I have wanted to replay, haven't yet, but I just might since I got the most asshole ending of all and there are a lot of levels I found different routes to only once I got through them. This is probably the best game I have played in several years and most probaby better than any game that will come out this year as well. It's a breath of fresh air in the digsuting greenze blob that is the FPS genre.

tl;dr: Reveiwers are idiots and outright lie about the game because they are so stupid to learn the mechanics of the game.

Around the Network

LMAo, reviewers are all idiots, that your argument? LMAO, i played the game maxed out on my PC, it is a breatjh of fresh air? LMAo, you need to play more games, its average in almost everyway, with some poorly done elements, like stealth.

best game in several years? LMAo, its not even close to the best game this month. its way worse then what it tries to mimick stalker. It has no replay value, stealth is crap, no matter how much you say otherwise, it is not implemented well

The Ai sees you miles in the dark and can hit you during stealth, thats moronic. Sorry, but your epic fanboyism for an average gaem doesnt change the fact it is average and is all but forgotten with so many great games coming out.

reviewers lie and are idiots, i go it, lol.

Booh! said:
Garcian Smith said:

You PS3 defenders keep moving the goal-posts. It is literally impossible for any PS3 title to be technically more visually impressive than even the first Crysis. Period.

Now if you want to talk art direction, well, that's a very subjective thing and you're entitled to your own opinion. (IMO Okami on the PS2/Wii beats any game mentioned thus far for art direction). But technically speaking, Crysis (and PC Crysis 2) leave God of War 3 and its peers in the dust.

Aaargh, Crysis is technically impressive, but only in some areas; so it is very impressive in some aspect, but disappointing in others, thus the end result is dull. Animations are awkward, explosions and flames are not that good (flames look all the same), lights are not technically impressive either (it's just scenographic when you see the sunlight through a gazillion polygons of foliage). On the other hand, physics effects in killzone 2 are top-notch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFQp625FqI&fmt=22

meehan666 said:
Booh! said:
Garcian Smith said:

You PS3 defenders keep moving the goal-posts. It is literally impossible for any PS3 title to be technically more visually impressive than even the first Crysis. Period.

Now if you want to talk art direction, well, that's a very subjective thing and you're entitled to your own opinion. (IMO Okami on the PS2/Wii beats any game mentioned thus far for art direction). But technically speaking, Crysis (and PC Crysis 2) leave God of War 3 and its peers in the dust.

Aaargh, Crysis is technically impressive, but only in some areas; so it is very impressive in some aspect, but disappointing in others, thus the end result is dull. Animations are awkward, explosions and flames are not that good (flames look all the same), lights are not technically impressive either (it's just scenographic when you see the sunlight through a gazillion polygons of foliage). On the other hand, physics effects in killzone 2 are top-notch.

If you look at 00:48 - 00: 52 or  1:30 - 1:33 you'll know what I mean with "flames look all the same" (btw this is a mod to actually add physics to particles in crysis). Flames in Killzone 2 are a bit more animated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9thTo7B-7U .

As for lighting, Crysis uses forward rendering for the lights and the sunlight is just directional lighting, while Killzone 2 uses deferred lighting. Deferred lighting will be the next big thing in Crysis 2: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=27883 .

disclaimer: I am not trying to prove that the CryEngine is crap: I know that its scale is unmatched, like its resource hunger. I just want to say that it is not perfect and that is not a sin to compare it with other games.

Booh! said:
meehan666 said:
Booh! said:
Garcian Smith said:

If you look at 00:48 - 00: 52 or  1:30 - 1:33 you'll know what I mean with "flames look all the same" (btw this is a mod to actually add physics to particles in crysis). Flames in Killzone 2 are a bit more animated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9thTo7B-7U .

As for lighting, Crysis uses forward rendering for the lights and the sunlight is just directional lighting, while Killzone 2 uses deferred lighting. Deferred lighting will be the next big thing in Crysis 2: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=27883 .

disclaimer: I am not trying to prove that the CryEngine is crap: I know that its scale is unmatched, like its resource hunger. I just want to say that it is not perfect and that is not a sin to compare it with other games.

This is a MOD, what a shocker (I mean its not like it is in the title of the video). Why don't we compare against some Killzone 2 mods........oh wait (that's more of a jab at the guy who said PC is done for because it lacks big budget titles....well console lacks a community that will up the visual quality of games......for free).

And wasn't the killzone 2 flamethrower one of the weakpoints of killzone 2's visuals (personally I didn't like the look of the fire and I believe some reviewers thought the same). Anyway, we shouldn't compare fire animation from a flamethrower against a rocket launcher when we can look at explosions made from both games rockets. I haven't seen any video on the web that shows that killzone has the more detailed explosions, and owning both games myself I would have to say Crysis wins here too. 

meehan666 said:

And wasn't the killzone 2 flamethrower one of the weakpoints of killzone 2's visuals (personally I didn't like the look of the fire and I believe some reviewers thought the same). Anyway, we shouldn't compare fire animation from a flamethrower against a rocket launcher when we can look at explosions made from both games rockets. I haven't seen any video on the web that shows that killzone has the more detailed explosions, and owning both games myself I would have to say Crysis wins here too.

Many complained the fact that it seemed a "flame-pisser" more than a flame-thrower, pitiful enough that's the way real napalm flamethrowers look like: http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/67/123167-004-0FF79D60.jpg ------ http://www.warboats.org/images/jpg/StonerPics/stonerzippo.jpg .

Besides that, the point is: the flames in crysis are blatantly sprites and they don't even try to hide that. The flames of Killzone 2 may be not as pretty as the rest of the game, but they are good, technically speaking.