By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Aaron Greenberg: XBOX 360 almost twice PS3 WW install base

heruamon said:
STEKSTAV said:
heruamon said:
Once again...Let's see the DIRECT QUOTE, because he's 100% correct, if he is talking about NA! I remebered how some said when PS3 dropped to $299, it would blow past Wii and 360...hmmm...it doesn't seem to be happening.

Why would Greenberg focus on Worldwide numbers? From launch, M$ has been concentrating heavily on making sure it can outsell Sony in NA and stay competitive in PAL, and it's doing just...this is a business, and you pick the battles and opportunities that have the highest ROI...this isn't a kid's competition that many on this site don't seem to get!

I'll put it in context...I'd like to see another company take 40% of market share from M$ in the software business, or 40% from Intel in the CPU business, and people not have a cow over that. M$ has done a phenomenal job in getting the Xbox brand as a viable, and PROFITABLE business unit, and htey did it by focusing on battles that they can win at...such as NA!

WOW! Someone takes his console war seriously! Im a bit disappointed though.. theres no structured list on why something is better than the other. Shape up or ship out!

???  Errrr....okay...based on the quality of posting on this site (of lack there of), I'd rather just ship out!

Shape up as in "if your going to join the crusade of fighting for hardware over the internet, you need lists. Lists to why something is better than the other is the key to being a good soldier of the interwebs."

Ship out as in "if your not going to fight it out like a good soldier, then dont bother trying to killsteal in random posts whenever you feel like it. Get of the frontline and join the hippie movement."

Around the Network

lol! crazy! when MS talk about sells, They take usa only... 5M isn't the double, maybe in their wish... MS don't care the rest of the world for say that?They don't see the 360's dificulties in europens countries and japan?

"Sony bet on the physical disc, and there are costs associated with that," Greenberg told Edge magazine.

Why would everyone assume he is talking about US when it was an interview with a European magazine?

Carl2291 said:
He's obivously talking about NA, as always.

It's amusing that he never talks about worldwide numbers though

MS focusing so much on US only is a godsend for Sony. And also for Nintendo, should it ever need it.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

STEKSTAV said:
heruamon said:
STEKSTAV said:
heruamon said:
Once again...Let's see the DIRECT QUOTE, because he's 100% correct, if he is talking about NA! I remebered how some said when PS3 dropped to $299, it would blow past Wii and 360...hmmm...it doesn't seem to be happening.

Why would Greenberg focus on Worldwide numbers? From launch, M$ has been concentrating heavily on making sure it can outsell Sony in NA and stay competitive in PAL, and it's doing just...this is a business, and you pick the battles and opportunities that have the highest ROI...this isn't a kid's competition that many on this site don't seem to get!

I'll put it in context...I'd like to see another company take 40% of market share from M$ in the software business, or 40% from Intel in the CPU business, and people not have a cow over that. M$ has done a phenomenal job in getting the Xbox brand as a viable, and PROFITABLE business unit, and htey did it by focusing on battles that they can win at...such as NA!

WOW! Someone takes his console war seriously! Im a bit disappointed though.. theres no structured list on why something is better than the other. Shape up or ship out!

???  Errrr....okay...based on the quality of posting on this site (of lack there of), I'd rather just ship out!

Shape up as in "if your going to join the crusade of fighting for hardware over the internet, you need lists. Lists to why something is better than the other is the key to being a good soldier of the interwebs."

Ship out as in "if your not going to fight it out like a good soldier, then dont bother trying to killsteal in random posts whenever you feel like it. Get of the frontline and join the hippie movement."

Crack Cocaine is really hurting the youth of today!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

I like how everyone got a good laugh until someone read it and was like "uhh, no." Glad to see they're still teaching reading comprehension these days...

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

whatever said:

"Sony bet on the physical disc, and there are costs associated with that," Greenberg told Edge magazine.

Why would everyone assume he is talking about US when it was an interview with a European magazine?

Good point.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

So he admits making a less quality cheaper system equals greater sales. LOL, people have been saying that for years and they get called fanboys and banned from sights. How Ironic.

chocoloco said:
So he admits making a less quality cheaper system equals greater sales. LOL, people have been saying that for years and they get called fanboys and banned from sights. How Ironic.

Because when you throw that phrase in there, it does make you one.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
chocoloco said:

Because when you throw that phrase in there, it does make you one.

Don't get to upset I do own a 360 and owned the original xbox, but I state the truth.

This was the case with PS2 as it was less quality than the xbox, but sold more. Unbelievable.