By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII is the fastest selling game in the series!

Final Fantasy XIII was released for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on March 9th in Europe and North America. 

In a twitter message to their club members in Japan, Square Enix revealed that the overseas sales for Final Fantasy XIII have been strong so far. In fact, they pointed out that the game is the best-selling game in the popular RPG series so far.

Final Fantasy XIII came out in Japan late last year for the Playstation 3 and has sold around 2 million copies so far. Square Enix also shipped an additional 3 million units of the game for Europe and North America. 

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2010m3d15-Final-Fantasy-XIII-is-the-fastest-selling-game-in-the-series

Around the Network

Looks like JRPGs are a live and well.

Let's see if it has legs before we comment either way.

This is an EXTREMELY important game for both SE and the series at large.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Great! I really love FFXIII. And after the totally disapointing FFXII, it'g good to see consumers voting with their money.

Probably because it's the fastest to get localized LOLZ

Around the Network

EXCELLENT NEWS!

Well done FF13, you deserve it

@OkeyDokey

Nice excuse

looks like people just can't accept FF is still BIG & as strong as ever.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Good for those sales but if i am right, Final Fantasies have got no legs whatsoever...

Thats good news. I hope it does well. Not that I will buy it anytime, but JRPGS and the action ones are the only RPGS I like. Am just not a huge FF lover anymore.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Probably because it's the fastest to get localized LOLZ

errrr

I think the guy is onto something...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I'm still surrpised it sold faster than FF8.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey