By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Move: or how else would we have made the controller?

Spankey said:
odd how no-one blames Natal on Eyetoy games.
Surely they're just as superficially similar?

no not at all, if you are comparing the human body as a controler compared to the wii remote your find the two VERY different i hope!!!

where as the sony wand is EXACTLY the same as the WII remote cept it look really funny...and has a huge glowing knob! Playstation move handels exactly the same as the WII remove this is NOT the same as natal....

Around the Network
Wandamaximoff said:
Spankey said:
odd how no-one blames Natal on Eyetoy games.
Surely they're just as superficially similar?

no not at all, if you are comparing the human body as a controler compared to the wii remote your find the two VERY different i hope!!!

where as the sony wand is EXACTLY the same as the WII remote cept it look really funny...and has a huge glowing knob! Playstation move handels exactly the same as the WII remove this is NOT the same as natal....

Did you even read Spankey's post?

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

joeorc said:
Vertigo-X said:

Okay, I'll forgive you for missing this, but seriously: look at the fucking pictures.

SO HOW ELSE DO YOU MAKE AN ELECTRONIC WAND WITH A SPHERE ON TOP?

and to make it like a pointer you would need a nanlog stick of some sort.

GET over it people!

the simple truth

the Wii mote  is a "remote"

the nunchuck is a "little remote"

playstation Move is a "REMOTE"

playstation sub is "little REMOTE"

THEY ARE BOTH MODELED OFF OF THE

REMOTE

WHY?

BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT DESIGNED THE TECHNOLOGY BOTH USED WAND'S, BOTH SONY AND NINTENDO WAY BEFORE THE Wii an the PS3 was released was delving into THE SAME IDEA that a " Remote style of controller " was very good in it's design to controll interactive software.

notice DR. Marks used a wand with a freakin sphere on top even back in 2000' there is a reason, the technology  of the EYE TOY work's best with a colored sphere on top. a multi-colored sphere like a led that changes color can represent a muzzle flash, or rep. a paint brush to interact with the EYE TOY.

it's the freakin designer of the EYETOY he was using a wand, because that's the best way to use it.

even back in 2000'

once again  it's not a clone, not a rip off, not a duplicate.

if i could make love to your posts, i would.

mod edit: please don't quote entire walls of text. It is irritating.

joeorc said:
dtewi said:

Ultrasound is the only reason they're similar!!!!

And it's such a weak similarity it makes the remote completely trivial!

Do you know what ultrasound is? If you did, you probably wouldn't use it as the reason for why they're similar.

if you know, it was not just a small part in it's function's it was a big part. do not disreguard one of it's core part's just because hey "it only used ultrasound" like it's nothing when it used burst signal's to transmit. without doing that the powerglove would not have worked the same way.

as a matter of fact the ultrasound technology they used was a big part think about this for a sec. just like sonar or radar of a bat with sonar location.

notice:

Zimmerman built the first prototype that demonstrated finger flex measurement and hand position tracking using a pair of ultrasonic transmitters

The ultrasonic speakers take turns transmitting a short burst (a few pulses) of 40 kHz sound and the system measures the time it takes for the sound to reach the microphones. A triangulation calculation is performed to determine the X, Y, Z location of each of the two speakers, which specifies the yaw and roll of the hand. The only dimension it can't calculate is the pitch of the hand, since the hand can pitch without moving the location of the two ultrasonic speakers.

with out it certain game's would not have been able to determine certain thing's about your postion because just like a Bat used sonar to tel it certain thing's this is doing thing's like that.

like i said please do not disreguard something that's a core because you think is somehow just a trivial function

Do you even know how the remote you mentioned worked?

Let's say I have a lightbulb. When I clap, it turns on and off. Basically how that remote worked, except it used certain sounds for each button and the TV reacted accordingly.

The prototype you speak of makes short bursts of sound whenever the hand is moved (I believe). Then, according to the time the sound takes to get to the speaker, its position is calculated.

So tell me, without hiding behind big words you probably don't even know, explain how they're similar. IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
joeorc said:
dtewi said:

Do you know what ultrasound is? If you did, you probably wouldn't use it as the reason for why they're similar.

if you know, it was not just a small part in it's function's it was a big part. do not disreguard one of it's core part's just because hey "it only used ultrasound" like it's nothing when it used burst signal's to transmit. without doing that the powerglove would not have worked the same way.

as a matter of fact the ultrasound technology they used was a big part think about this for a sec. just like sonar or radar of a bat with sonar location.

notice:

Zimmerman built the first prototype that demonstrated finger flex measurement and hand position tracking using a pair of ultrasonic transmitters

The ultrasonic speakers take turns transmitting a short burst (a few pulses) of 40 kHz sound and the system measures the time it takes for the sound to reach the microphones. A triangulation calculation is performed to determine the X, Y, Z location of each of the two speakers, which specifies the yaw and roll of the hand. The only dimension it can't calculate is the pitch of the hand, since the hand can pitch without moving the location of the two ultrasonic speakers.

with out it certain game's would not have been able to determine certain thing's about your postion because just like a Bat used sonar to tel it certain thing's this is doing thing's like that.

like i said please do not disreguard something that's a core because you think is somehow just a trivial function

Let's say I have a lightbulb. When I clap, it turns on and off. Basically how that remote worked, except it used certain sounds for each button and the TV reacted accordingly.

The prototype you speak of makes short bursts of sound whenever the hand is moved (I believe). Then, according to the time the sound takes to get to the speaker, its position is calculated.

So tell me, without hiding behind big words you probably don't even know, explain how they're similar. IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

you do know I was in the United states navy right!

Its simple

acoustic location..

both of these work on simple term's : active sonar

one

both is one way active sonar

the clicker one has much more simple tone in one click 

where as the other has more application switches which is the power glove with multiple burst''s

the sound or the eco can tell you how far or how close or even how big, how many types of sound's there are based on pitches, how long each pitch is etc.

the circut that get's these sounds determine's what function it does when it get's the sound or pitch.

it uses sound to locate, or navigate just like a Bat does with sonar. but that is not all sound can be used for!

since sound's and pitches each make a seperate sound and  vibration they can be used to make with the design transmitter to when it hear's that sound activate to cary out its function.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
joeorc said:
dtewi said:
joeorc said:
dtewi said:

notice:

Its simple

acoustic location..

one both is one way active sonar  the clicker one has more application switches which is the power glove

the sound or the eco can tell you how far or how close or even how big, how many types of sound's there are based on pitches, how long each pitch is etc.

it uses sound to locate, or navigate just like a Bat does with sonar. but that is not all sound can be used for!

since sound's and pitches each make a seperate sound and  vibration they can be used to make with the design transmitter to when it hear's that sound activate to cary out its function.

Just as I thought. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

EDIT: Double post.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
joeorc said:

Its simple

acoustic location..

one both is one way active sonar  the clicker one has more application switches which is the power glove

Glad somebody came to that conclusion eventually.

The BuShA owns all!

Vertigo-X said:
dtewi said:
joeorc said:

Its simple

acoustic location..

Glad somebody came to that conclusion eventually.

how is that not related to sonar?

both of these system's are tracked by sound,

sound navigation range. IE: Sonar which is what acoustic location is. which both of these technology's use. get over yourself your looking very stupid right now.

"The ultrasonic speakers take turns transmitting a short burst (a few pulses) of 40 kHz sound and the system measures the time it takes for the sound to reach the microphones.

A triangulation calculation is performed to determine the X, Y, Z location of each of the two speakers, which specifies the yaw and roll of the hand."

Sound

navigation

range

you do know what one of the thing's sonar in air is used for don't you?

it can used for robot navigation. Sonar is not just for Water.

The term sonar is also used for the equipment used to generate and receive the sound

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.