By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Move: or how else would we have made the controller?

dtewi said:

I rest my case.

SONY COPIES NINTENDO CONFIRMDZ!

just like no one else used remote IR sensor's on TV's before..OK...

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
thetonestarr said:
tl;dr version of this thread:

Joeorc says: SONY EMPLOYEES HAVE TOYED WITH MOTION SENSING FOREVARR RAAAWRRR

Sony fanboys say: YA GOOD READ

Everybody else says: Okay that's fine, but that still doesn't cut out the fact that Wand looks almost identical to the Wiimote.

Joeorc ignores everything and repeats everything he's already said fifteen thousand times before.

Everybody else tries to get the idea into joeorc's head that there are a million ways Sony could have designed their motion controller without making it look just like a Wiimote.

Joeorc returns to the fact that Eyetoy's been around for over five years already, completely missing the point.

Everybody else gets tired of trying to get the idea through the obvious fanboy's skull.

Rinse, repeat.

Not cool dude.

Except that it's entirely obvious and true? He refuses to listen to any reasoning whatsoever, insisting that everybody is wrong no matter what, and returning to the same argument over and over and over. That is the exact description of an ignorant fanboy.

SW-5120-1900-6153

joeorc said:
dtewi said:

I rest my case.

This isn't some stupid remote, it's a GLOVE!!!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

People should be more mature and stop with all the name calling, all I see is a good informative discussion from two perspectives, with people giving evidence, logical arguing and so on. THAT is what a discussion is about. I don't think anyone ran away with someones wife or something to get so angry over this thread. So people who didn't even participate in the discussion should not mouth off and insult fellow members, it's just immature

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

thetonestarr said:
tl;dr version of this thread:

Joeorc says: SONY EMPLOYEES HAVE TOYED WITH MOTION SENSING FOREVARR RAAAWRRR

Sony fanboys say: YA GOOD READ

Everybody else says: Okay that's fine, but that still doesn't cut out the fact that Wand looks almost identical to the Wiimote.

Joeorc ignores everything and repeats everything he's already said fifteen thousand times before.

Everybody else tries to get the idea into joeorc's head that there are a million ways Sony could have designed their motion controller without making it look just like a Wiimote.

Joeorc returns to the fact that Eyetoy's been around for over five years already, completely missing the point.

Everybody else gets tired of trying to get the idea through the obvious fanboy's skull.

Rinse, repeat.

or the fact that maybe Im right. an you like other just do not want to admit it.

an for your information many people on here happen to agree with me.

and I am far from a fanboy.

HEY guess what since the freakin D@MN TV REMOTE came before both ot these motion controller's

Nintendo and sony both copiied

d@mn tv remote's

how's that sparky

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

Nintendo was the first company to have the idea of motion control in their games.

So I don't see how Nintendo copied anything from Sony. Sony used a magic wand, Nintendo used a TV remote.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
joeorc said:
dtewi said:

I rest my case.

This isn't some stupid remote, it's a GLOVE!!!

it's a glove with  sound SENSOR'S IN IT.

The Power Glove was originally released in 1989.Though it was an officially licensed product, Nintendo was not involved in the design or release of this accessory Zimmerman built the first prototype that demonstrated finger flex measurement and hand position tracking using a pair of ultrasonic transmitters. His original prototype used optical flex sensors to measure finger bending which were replaced with less expensive carbon-based flex sensors by the AGE team.

There are two ultrasonic speakers (transmitters) in the glove and three ultrasonic microphones (receivers) around the TV monitor. The ultrasonic speakers take turns transmitting a short burst (a few pulses) of 40 kHz sound and the system measures the time it takes for the sound to reach the microphones. A triangulation calculation is performed to determine the X, Y, Z location of each of the two speakers, which specifies the yaw and roll of the hand. The only dimension it can't calculate is the pitch of the hand, since the hand can pitch without moving the location of the two ultrasonic speakers:

well look what we have here:

In 1956 Robert adler developed "Zenith Space Command", a wireless remote

It was mechanical and used ultrasound to change the channel and volume. When the user pushed a button on the remote control it clicked and struck a bar, hence the term "clicker". Each bar emitted a different frequency and circuits in the television detected this noise.

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:

It was mechanical and used ultrasound to change the channel and volume. When the user pushed a button on the remote control it clicked and struck a bar, hence the term "clicker". Each bar emitted a different frequency and circuits in the television detected this noise.

That serves absolutely no purpose in this thread at all. It's just trivial knowledge.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

RolStoppable said:
@joeorc

Do you know why Nintendo copied the shape and looks of a regular TV remote?

because of the natural feel of a TV remote vs' a standard pattern controller would not work as well for most of the software design, and since turning it side way's did offer standard controll's like a game pad it served a dual purpose. that was pitch to Nintendo

example:

Development of the Wii Remote began in or around 2001, coinciding with development of the Wii console. In that year, Nintendo licensed a number of motion-sensing patents from Gyration.inc By "late 2004, early 2005", however, Nintendo had come up with the Wii Remote's less traditional "wand shape", and the design of the Nunchuk attachment .Nintendo had also decided upon using a motion sensor, infrared pointer, and the layout of the buttons. and by the end of 2005 the controller was ready for mass production.

Miyamoto brought in cell phone's and car navagation system's for  inspiration, eventually producing a prototype that resembled a cell phone.

This was done to make motion sensitivity more intuitive, as a remote design is fitted perfectly for pointing, and in part to help the console appeal to a broader audience that includes non-gamers.

Cell phone's have with IR port's controlled TV set's anyway going on.

I AM BOLO

ps:

dtewi said:
joeorc said:

That serves absolutely no purpose in this thread at all. It's just trivial knowledge.

just trivial knowledge..huh?

a tv remote in 1956 using ..what's that ultra sound to change the tv

..just like the power glove did to game function's..yea that has no bearing.

I AM BOLO

ps: