By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 vs PS3...Q4 2010 to be similar to Q4 2008?

hxa155 said:
(Rumored) PS3 Line-up for 2010:
-Gran Turismo 5 (The biggest exclusive for the PS3, yet. Bigger than Halo.)
-Jaffe's game (not gonna be of much effect on hardware, unless it's really really good)
-Socom 4 (same as above)
-Resistance 3 (same as above)
-Killzone 3 (if done right, it could drive hardware sales, but not by much)
-The Agency (mmo; might affect hardware but not by much)
-Free Realms (mmo)
-DC Universe Online (mmo)
-Final Fantasy XIV (semi-exclusive; won't affect hardware much because FF13 will)
-Motorstorm 3 (same as Killzone 3)
-ModNation Racers (won't affect hardware unless it's really really good)
-The Last Guardian (now this is probably one of the most anticipated PS3 game ever; will affect hw even if it didn't do large sales numbers)
-Playstation move (it will increase hw sales slightly)
-3D gaming (it's gonna be expensive so it won't increase hw by much, if any at all)

Now it all depends on E3. So far it seems like Sony is winning WW.

Not as good as Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Starcraft 2.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Rainbird said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Rainbird said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Microsoft doesn't need a price cut to beat Sony in sales on the way to Q4....their top AAA titles are launching Q4 against only one top Sony title. A price cut would bury Sony for the rest of the year.

I think we need to see the final lineups before we start making comments like that

Halo Reach is going to be selling Xbox 360's from September through next year and Fable 3 is capping the year off. the middle of the year is dominated with three 360 AAA's  in Splinter Cell in April,  Alan Wake is n May and Crackdown 2 is in June. Mass Effect already owned January. I forgot to even mention Natal. Sony only has (in truth when we are talking about heavy hitters) GOW3, GT5 and move this year....unless they have a really good E3. I cannot wait to see what they and Sony and Microsoft have to say about capping off the year having invested in both of their systems.

I doubt Sony will release any other heavy hitters this year (I would only consider GT5 and Halo Reach heavy hitters of those titles though.), but we will definitely see more games coming out. Evolution Studios (Motorstorm) and Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet) haven't released a game since 2008, Studio Liverpool have only done WipEout HD and its expansion (which, while fairly big, is still only a PSN game), Insomniac (R&C and Resistance) usually release a game a year (and so Resistance 3 might be inline for the holidays) and then there are all the games for Move (including the new Ape Escape), where Sony have hired some new studios to create some games. Finally, the next Killzone is heavily rumored for a late 2010 release. Also, I have no idea what is happening in Japan, other than that they are making Ape Escape, GT5 and The Last Guardian, but they should definitely be doing other stuff as well.

All in all, calling the holiday lineup is pretty hard to do at this point I think

Oh, and Crackdown 2 may or may not have been delayed (everything is a little cryptic on that, read #7 in the link) and ModNation Racers is releasing this spring (and will most likely be a great game, according to Naz's preview anyway).

EDIT: Reading through some posts, I forgot that Twisted Metal and Agent will be on the way as well (not to mention FFV13, though I very much doubt it will release in 2010. Maybe we will hear something from it at TGS).

I think studio liverpool have been working on the move stuff.... or was it a co-incidence that the guy demoing the stuff at the GDC was a scouser?.... scouser being a person from liverpool for those not up on these matters

Could be, I haven't heard anything, though it would be a shame to say that I actively keep up with all the studios

I know Studio Cambridge are doing that TV Superstars thingy.

youarebadatgames said:
HansMoleman said:
Its not all about sales, its about the gaming experience. Sony CLEARLY has more exclusives, rumors and unannounced projects in the works than the competition. On top of being the ONLY console capable of 3D gaming (google: 3D Blu-Ray), the PS3 has so much untapped potential. We can only IMAGINE what the future hold for the Playstation brand. And how about that 10 yr lifespan Sony boasts about? Looks to me that they are on track to keeping that promise.

Prediction: The 360 will begin to fade away in 2011, or MS will announce the next xbox. It has been five years right? lol

Sales = money which in the REAL world is everything.  Quality means shit if no one buys it.

Games, the gaming experience and versatility are much more important than sales. Yes, I agree that sales play a huge factor in many aspects of the gaming industry. However, all I mentioned moves consoles and makes lifetime consumers, which Sony is excellent at doing. The PS1 introducted cd-roms, the PS2 = DVDs (um, the 360 uses last gen DVD technology), and the PS3 is introducing Blu-ray coupled with a standard HDD in every console.

The PS3 has been out a whole year later than the 360 and is sold for a higher price AND the gap is closing. Look at worldwide sales. Also, how many of those 360s are replacements for broken systems? Face it, everyone said the PS3's price is too high and it had no games, and they were correct. But now the tide is turning, ushering in a lower price point, excellent exclusives, free (still) online play and growing developer support.

People are starting to notice the difference between real PS3 games (Uncharted, GOW 3) and comparing them to the exclusives of the competition. Speaking of which, when you compare both the 360 and PS3 in terms of cash value and versatility, the PS3 stands on top of the competition by a huge margin.

Furthermore (and this should seal the deal), the PS3 is futureproof. Blu-ray capable and HDD standard out of the box, it is ready for what the future holds for the gaming community. Lets not mention 3D-Blu-Ray technology (google it) in conjunction with the PS3 Move, and you have what may be the future of gaming, and Sony has it covered just in case ;)

Proud 20g PS3 Owner

i just don't know why xbox reliability always in question, jasper has very good and reliable enough

if you look at neogaf, since last year thread about ps3 died is more common compare to xbox360

if you look at official forum, almost 30% or more of the thread are about ps3 died or ps3 freeze, wow

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/bd-p/ps3

i have theory that why ps3 in tight in supply because actually sony has to made
more machine to replace many broken machine that is higher, than we actually believe

and about this thread, it think it is possible,
halo reach will have better sales than even halo3, it will move console too
also with rumored xbox 360 slim

and don't forget the power of multiplatform titles

I love how people are saying move will be a system seller. Ridiculous.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network

With halo reach releasing later this year with a price cut on the 360, MS will no dout sell the most systems.

[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/sidious_164]

[/url]

the 360 price cut will allow 360 to outsell ps3 again but not by as much as in 2008, and I truly believe the only market it will really affect is the US market, where PS3 is starting to eat into the 360, well it will drop off with the price cut(ps3 sales in the US I mean)

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

I dont see a huge price cut like $100 coming maybe a small $25-$50 one or a discount when you buy natal and  a 30, i dont think it will have a supremely huge effect like the arcade did and sony might counter and drop their price if the 360's isnt a huge drop

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

I actually dont think the xbox will ever outsell the ps3 worldwide for any month ever again.. However it very well may keep taking the win in America.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

No. it will not be similar. The ps3 is a stronger brand now and the difference won't be so big this time.