By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Stig: GoW III engine only running at “50%”

Galaki said:
They are pulling percentages out of their behinds as shamelessly as Fox.
Can't we just agree/settle that the game is awesome and not mentioned some imaginary numbers?

It's also weird that the PS3 devs are pulling these numbers while the X360 not. Are they moneyhatted to mention it?

lol?they have an engine running and he said we can do more if they had time to add more?

whats the abnormal thing?or you dont thing game exclusives in ps3 are getting better in gfx always?

you bet the next game from santa monica will have worse gfx then??

xbox decelopers down mention it cause the best gfx on xbox for a long time are gears2,you saw any game with better gfx untill now?

why?i dont know you tell me

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
gurglesletch said:
Twistedpixel said:

Lazy developers.

Edit: Well I guess not, they are first party after all and first party developers are never lazy.

No install proves they are not lazy.

No it proves they know how to make a linear game.

what it really proves is your ignornace. But in any case, the best tech we've seen so far on a console, nudges out UC2 and KZ2. Can't wait to see what's next! GoW3 shouldn't even be possible on the hardware.

BW_JP said:
Twistedpixel said:
gurglesletch said:
Twistedpixel said:

Lazy developers.

Edit: Well I guess not, they are first party after all and first party developers are never lazy.

what it really proves is your ignornace. But in any case, the best tech we've seen so far on a console, nudges out UC2 and KZ2. Can't wait to see what's next! GoW3 shouldn't even be possible on the hardware.

My ignorance?

Well what do the games which require installs have in common? Open words, ability to move quicky etc.

What do the magical Sony games which somehow through sheer brilliance don't require installs consist of? Linear games!

Its not the best tech, its the best art. The best technology is probably Gran Turismo 5 and yes we've seen that on consoles.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Twistedpixel said:
BW_JP said:
Twistedpixel said:
gurglesletch said:
Twistedpixel said:

Lazy developers.

My ignorance?

Well what do the games which require installs have in common? Open words, ability to move quicky etc.

What do the magical Sony games which somehow through sheer brilliance don't require installs consist of? Linear games!

Its not the best tech, its the best art. The best technology is probably Gran Turismo 5 and yes we've seen that on consoles.

Infamous is openworld yet no installs required.

Well, that's nice.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

So they downgraded it from 1080p to 720p and 60fps to 30fps for no reason?

RAZurrection said:

more effects added that make it better than other games.

RAZurrection said:

Not only does it not run at 30fps, it runs variable, usually 55-45. 

the downgrade in resolution is clearly because of the scale of the game. I don't even think a PC game looks this good. I'm sure none does, bar crysis with mods. Even then, the scale and set pieces cant compare. 

BW_JP said:
RAZurrection said:

Not only does it not run at 30fps, it runs variable, usually 55-45. 

the downgrade in resolution is clearly because of the scale of the game. I don't even think a PC game looks this good. I'm sure none does, bar crysis with mods. Even then, the scale and set pieces cant compare. 

Nope. It's 30fps dude. Look at the videos of the review build. They supplimented motion blur for another 30fps.

GoW3 is nice, but it's no Crysis 2.

and really come on 1080p is overkill as most people don't have 1080p tv's so why design the game to run at that...