By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Stig: GoW III engine only running at “50%”

And it alrdy puts a lot of games into shame graphics wise.

Around the Network

I dont get the game the game looks better in some parts than the demo but the demo looks like its better than the game...I dont really care though when im playing and ill be doing is trying to keep my mouth close for the time as jaw DROPPING game|!!

Twistedpixel said:
gurglesletch said:
Twistedpixel said:
gurglesletch said:

SW:TFU has a 2GBish install and it is linear so i fail to see your point.

Obviously they didn't design the game around a streaming engine. You know no backtracking, a climbing part to slow the player down, a dark coridoor before a completely new change of scenery etc.

How is making a linear game lazy? 

It takes less work than open world games.

Not really.

WereKitten said:
Twistedpixel said:

It takes less work than open world games.

Complete nonsense. The work will focus on different subsystems, but the total investment in man years and the polish of the final results don't depend on that.

GoW3 certainly had less work poured into the streaming parallelization than GTAIV or Oblivion, but surely had more work poured into the lighting model or the large-scale physics.

They still did less work overall because they're lazy and only made it for one platform though. Unlike Valve who are not lazy and have brought happiness and smiles to Mac users. Did GOW 3 bring happyness and smiles to Mac users too? No! Do you want to know why? Its because they are too lazy.

Two examples of open world games with less laziness are Grand Theft Auto 4 (100M budget) and Oblivion which was announced 4 years before being released. They could have been less lazy and made it an open world God of War like Rock* and Bethesda.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?