By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Stig: GoW III engine only running at “50%”

Feylic said:
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:

So you're saying that every game ever made was made by lazy developers.

Well yeah, especially games made by Sony which don't utilise the PS3 properly because people gave every other developer crap for having weaker PS3 versions than they could have been. Since GOW 3 is weaker than it could have been they are lazy developers. They are especially lazy because they only have one system to work on and likely 3 years of full production + at least 1 year of pre-production.

No, not especially Sony, it's especially everyone. Every game ever made could have had more done to it, so hence, by you're definition, all developers are lazy.

That would be true except that logic and reasoning doesn't surround the PS3 like it does with other systems. We must therefore disregard both when discussing the details of development on that system. My definition is therefore true, Sony developers are all lazy except for perhaps Polyphony as they probably couldn't do more without taking over 5 years between installments.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:

Well yeah, especially games made by Sony which don't utilise the PS3 properly because people gave every other developer crap for having weaker PS3 versions than they could have been. Since GOW 3 is weaker than it could have been they are lazy developers. They are especially lazy because they only have one system to work on and likely 3 years of full production + at least 1 year of pre-production.

No, not especially Sony, it's especially everyone. Every game ever made could have had more done to it, so hence, by you're definition, all developers are lazy.

That would be true except that logic and reasoning doesn't surround the PS3 like it does with other systems. We must therefore disregard both when discussing the details of development on that system. My definition is therefore true, Sony developers are all lazy except for perhaps Polyphony as they probably couldn't do more without taking over 5 years between installments.

Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:

I'm gonna have to go with nightsurge on this one, wtf does this mean?

Feylic said:
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:

Only people developing or not developing for the PS3 have been called lazy in any great number. So therefore its the lazy machine.

Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:

Only people developing or not developing for the PS3 have been called lazy in any great number. So therefore its the lazy machine.

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:

You certainly don't like to make sense do you... The only reason "laziness" has been brought up, is because comparisons can be made between certain games. These comparisons occur primarily between multiplatform games on the 360 and PS3. Multiplatform games are meant to be the same game on two different consoles, so when one of the consoles recieves a lower quality game, people complain that the developers were lazy. I guess you could also call a developer lazy if they released a ridiculously terrible game, but that could just be because they have no budjet or they geniunely just suck. If companies want to release multiplatform games, and get full price for both, then they need to make them the same.

So I don't see in any way how you could consider the developers for GOW 3 lazy. They set out to make an awesome game and a conclusion to a popular trilogy, and from critics and preview videos/pictures it looks like that have.

in b4 "tha powas of Teh C3LL"

ps. GJ nightsurge, makin this funny

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

ljigga said:
in b4 "tha powas of Teh C3LL"

ps. GJ nightsurge, makin this funny

Lol thanks   Been feeling really hyper today I guess.

Ping_ii said:
Twistedpixel said:

My ignorance?

Well what do the games which require installs have in common? Open words, ability to move quicky etc.

What do the magical Sony games which somehow through sheer brilliance don't require installs consist of? Linear games!

Its not the best tech, its the best art. The best technology is probably Gran Turismo 5 and yes we've seen that on consoles.

Infamous is openworld yet no installs required.

You can't get into a car. Besides I thought the pop-in was pretty bad.

Feylic said:
Twistedpixel said:
Feylic said:

You certainly don't like to make sense do you... The only reason "laziness" has been brought up, is because comparisons can be made between certain games. These comparisons occur primarily between multiplatform games on the 360 and PS3. Multiplatform games are meant to be the same game on two different consoles, so when one of the consoles recieves a lower quality game, people complain that the developers were lazy. I guess you could also call a developer lazy if they released a ridiculously terrible game, but that could just be because they have no budjet or they geniunely just suck. If companies want to release multiplatform games, and get full price for both, then they need to make them the same.

So I don't see in any way how you could consider the developers for GOW 3 lazy. They set out to make an awesome game and a conclusion to a popular trilogy, and from critics and preview videos/pictures it looks like that have.

Just because most people are too naive to call lazyness except on multiplatform games doesn't change anything. I stand firm on my stance, because other people are just too blind to see whats in front of them. Multiplatform games only started to have to be the same in this generation because gamers are whiners. In previous generations developers were never lazy because they always did their best for whatever platforms they had to release games for.

Im just joking with you, you can stop at any time if you want.