By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Sunshine remake launch title for DS2?

Mario Sunshine remake launch title for DS2?

Yes, definitely 29 16.38%

Yes, good chance 26 14.69%

Maybe 37 20.90%

No, probably not 45 25.42%

No, definitely not 40 22.60%

Total:177
Phoenix_Wiight said:
I love how that guy called a game that sold more than 8mil copies said Galaxy was a flop.

But on topic, I would love that. I don't know if it'll happen, because as stated, it wasn't one of the GameCube's more well received games.

I, also, would be hard pressed to call any game that sells 8 million a flop.  However, Nintendo did say that they were wanting Galaxy to perform like the 2D games and bring 3D Mario to the masses.  With that expectation, the game is absolutely a flop (NSMBW outsold it in about a month).

But, I don't think Nintendo would be releasing Galaxy 2 if they thought that Galaxy 1 was a complete failure.

OT:  with the announcement of the the 3DS I believe it would be more likely to see Sunshine show up.  However, I would prefer Sunshine 2 (and seeing water shoot from one screen to another would be cool).  The first Sunshine had some good ideas, but it lacked in many areas-- the story just dragged out the start of the game, the blue coins were tedious at best, and the best levels in the game (the ones without a water pack) could not be replayed without the water pack. 

A sunshine 2 could correct these mistakes-- get rid of the story, eliminate the blue coins (so what if the game only has 90 stars-- I would rather have 90 great stars than 120 stars with 30 horrible ones), and let me replay levels without FLUDD. 

I doubt Nintendo will do this, but considering the rumor that the 3DS will have the power of the Gamecube it is possible that Nintendo will allow the 3DS to play Gamecube games.