By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Sunshine remake launch title for DS2?

Mario Sunshine remake launch title for DS2?

Yes, definitely 29 16.38%

Yes, good chance 26 14.69%

Maybe 37 20.90%

No, probably not 45 25.42%

No, definitely not 40 22.60%

Total:177

I'd rather have New Super Mario 64.

Around the Network

@ jarrod

That one is already out, its called Mario Galaxy.

I'd like a Mario galaxy DS :p for fun :)

I'd prefer Lylat Wars but sells won't be as great as a Mario game

Not a chance, I think. Nintendo has learned by now that other games sell much better than 3D Mario games - on console or handheld.
What's more, Sunshine isn't exactly the best loved Mario game. Catches a lot of hate whenever it is mentioned.

Around the Network
scottie said:
axt113 said:

reading it I would say this, economics teaches us that there is a limit to the factors of production, and the more you produce of one thing, the less you can produce of another, making 3D assets in a 2D game is a smart way to reduce the amount of factors that need to go into a game, making it easier to make more, but you are still constricted by limits on overall factors.

As always then, economics teaches us to focus on the here and now, and let the future take care of itself :P

If you create a game like Wii Fit that makes you millions upon millions of dollars, then that means you can hire new employees to allow you to make more games (Nintendo was one of very few companies to actually increase their staff size during this recent recession - the only other one I can think of is Apple, and that's because they're targeting the Iphone at a whole new blue ocean). The money can also be spent to fund development of risky or niche games.

Nintendo has expanded, but even there they are conservative, they don't want to expand too fast and destroy what makes Nintendo, Nintendo, their corporate culture, there is still a limit on how many game they can make in a given year

axt113 said:
scottie said:
axt113 said:

reading it I would say this, economics teaches us that there is a limit to the factors of production, and the more you produce of one thing, the less you can produce of another, making 3D assets in a 2D game is a smart way to reduce the amount of factors that need to go into a game, making it easier to make more, but you are still constricted by limits on overall factors.

As always then, economics teaches us to focus on the here and now, and let the future take care of itself :P

If you create a game like Wii Fit that makes you millions upon millions of dollars, then that means you can hire new employees to allow you to make more games (Nintendo was one of very few companies to actually increase their staff size during this recent recession - the only other one I can think of is Apple, and that's because they're targeting the Iphone at a whole new blue ocean). The money can also be spent to fund development of risky or niche games.

Nintendo has expanded, but even there they are conservative, they don't want to expand too fast and destroy what makes Nintendo, Nintendo, their corporate culture, there is still a limit on how many game they can make in a given year

Slow growth is still better than the massive layoffs undertaken by most other companies. (and as you point out, slow growth is probably better than massive growth, because if they take in an influx of new recruits, sure they could make more games, but quality would drop)

imo, Nintendo is hitting the perfect balance or core and extended audience games, and is expanding at a pretty decent rate

I'd say it's more likely than not to happen, but that doesn't mean I WANT it to.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I love how that guy called a game that sold more than 8mil copies said Galaxy was a flop.

But on topic, I would love that. I don't know if it'll happen, because as stated, it wasn't one of the GameCube's more well received games.

Sunshine would suck on a handheld.

They should do a Mario 64 2 as a launch title instead.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!