By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Price is the biggest barrier fo the Move

why is everyone assuming it'll cost over 9000 dollars? Price hasn't been announced yet, just chill.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

A lil bit too much I'll believe. I mean, thinking that the Psmove+camera+game will be $99 (No ps3 to play).... for just $100 more you will get the wii, which includes, a whole controller (Wiimote, nunchuck and wii motion+), plus wii sports and wii sports resort......

So instead of getting just the controller and a game, for $100 more you will get a console with controller, and 2 games..... It would be a no brainier for me

ssj12 said:
Grimes said:

Looking at this from an ecnomic perspective. For the prices that are unannounced, I'm taking a guess.

The PSM is going to be very expensive for a multiplayer setup. Even the Wii is a fair amount for multiplayer.

PSM

PSM basic kit: $100
Nunchuck: $20-30
Lightstick: $40-50

Full one person setup for PSM = basic kit + nunchuck+ extra lightstick + PS3

Full setup for each additional person full setup: lightstick + lightstick + nunchuck

Natal

Natal camera: $50-100

Full One person setup for Natal = Natal camera + X360

For each additional person: Nothing

Wii MotionPlus

MotionPlus: $20
Wimote/WM+ bundle: $50
Nunchuck: $20

Full one person setup for Wii M+ = MotionPlus + Wii

For each additional person full setup: Wiimote + WM+ + Nunchuck

umm.... you forgot that the PSM starter setup includes the PS Eye camera and a game.

No I did not.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

gekkokamen said:
the key is to get people to see it's different and "better" than the Wii. It's PS3 after all.

I'm confused about the highlighted part? What are you getting at here? I don't want to just assume, but it reads like you're saying that anything PS3 is automatically better than the Wii. I could be wrong.

Oh and do not forget the ps3+psm kit bundles

Around the Network

@commoman
I think he means ps3/Sony always tries to copy nintendo

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Grimes said:
ssj12 said:
Grimes said:

Looking at this from an ecnomic perspective. For the prices that are unannounced, I'm taking a guess.

The PSM is going to be very expensive for a multiplayer setup. Even the Wii is a fair amount for multiplayer.

PSM

PSM basic kit: $100
Nunchuck: $20-30
Lightstick: $40-50

Full one person setup for PSM = basic kit + nunchuck+ extra lightstick + PS3

Full setup for each additional person full setup: lightstick + lightstick + nunchuck

Natal

Natal camera: $50-100

Full One person setup for Natal = Natal camera + X360

For each additional person: Nothing

Wii MotionPlus

MotionPlus: $20
Wimote/WM+ bundle: $50
Nunchuck: $20

Full one person setup for Wii M+ = MotionPlus + Wii

For each additional person full setup: Wiimote + WM+ + Nunchuck

umm.... you forgot that the PSM starter setup includes the PS Eye camera and a game.

No I did not.

Then why arent you including a game under Wii or Natal? even if Natal's game is free and included, games that include Wii+ aren't.

Wii Sports Resort + Wii Remote  + Nunchuck + Wii balances the playing field a bit better.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The big is " what do you need to play ?"

and we cant completely answer to this

but, yes, IMO, too many accessory to buy/own/use ==> too expensive and too complex ?

Time to Work !

Pricing is definitely gonna be an issue for sony when it comes to the success of Move. I was just reading thru IGNs impressions of the demos shown at GDC, and I was suprised at how many of the games require 2 wands to play. If the basic bundle only includes the PSeye, 1 wand, and 1 nunchuck for under $100, i'd have to pay an extra $40+ for a second wand. I dunno, that and IGNs impressions of the demos shown(although still in-progress) arent making me very optimistic about its chances of taking off. Before GDC I was thinking about picking it up, but im gonna just wait and see if they reveal any killer app that really sets it apart from just being a straight up wii clone, hopefully E3 will provide those answers.

I think the competition will really put on the pressure come Holiday 2010:
- if i were nintendo, i'd probably just upgrade the basic console SKU with Wii sports resort and motion +
-if i were microsoft, I'd would be start bundling every $299 elite SKU with Natal instead of cutting the price this year. One benefit of Natal is that out of the box you would already be able to support 4 players without spending the extra $150-$300 in additional controllers/accessories. I really think this is gonna play a huge role in making Natal a breakout success- its about word of mouth, and getting as many people as possible to try it out. I dont think people realize how huge this is.

Either way, sony is gonna have to give me better reasons to invest that much money in these controllers besides being able to play FPS games with IR pointer-like capabilities

how can you guys know the price before its announced ? heck Natal might be a lot cheaper or more expensive than that who knows?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.