By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Price is the biggest barrier fo the Move

We don't really have any idea what prices will be yet...Having the price of a bundle proves nothing, and we don't even have confirmation on what's included in the bundle, you can speculate all you want but chances are you'll be wrong later in some way or another

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
Move for two players in full will be $180-200

Wiimote will be $90

Natal will be $50-100

The biggest problem for Move is that it looks like the Wiimote but people may not be comfortable with its look.

You may be low on the PSM pricing. From what I've seen some games use two lightsticks and some use a lightstick and a nunchuck. So to get the full experience you need to get three controllers per person for the full experience. A bundle only has one controller lightstick from what I've read.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

the nunchuck is only for playing normal games they say...

if you are playing ping-pong or other party games you need just a second conntroler...
or mulit games with one controlers were you use the same like some wii games...
or some games need 2 controllers....

i think you need a starter kit(controler/camera/game)+controler
if you have a camera (2controlers)

the kit can be 70/80(less than 100,amazon sells the eye 30+controller price)
and a controler 40/50

but many ppl that i know have a ps3/360 AND a wii fro playing motion games for fun...
wii is the monopoly on this untill move/natal.
i was temped to get a wii to play some party games for fun lets say,now i can get the move or natal whan its out as an adition to my console and thats cheaper...
so if you need a console for gaming and just the wii for some party games ypu can get this/natal instead a new console IF you were planning to spent money on the wii only fro the motion controlls....i think they are is a market for move/natal they know that and BOTH companies will try to make it look as a new platform,meaning you get something new like a wii,not an accessory.

Vanbierk said:
We don't really have any idea what prices will be yet...Having the price of a bundle proves nothing, and we don't even have confirmation on what's included in the bundle, you can speculate all you want but chances are you'll be wrong later in some way or another

Multiple sources have confirmed the basic bundle includes software, a PSEye and one Move controller.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Price has always been an issue for Sony period.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Grimes said:
Twistedpixel said:

Wiimote will be $90

Natal will be $50-100

The biggest problem for Move is that it looks like the Wiimote but people may not be comfortable with its look.

You may be low on the PSM pricing. From what I've seen some games use two lightsticks and some use a lightstick and a nunchuck. So to get the full experience you need to get three controllers per person for the full experience. A bundle only has one controller lightstick from what I've read.

$100  gets you camera and wand.

$140 is two wands.

$180-200 is another two nunchucks.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

There's an awful lot of speculation going on about the price of Move by everyone.

1. We don't know for a fact that the Starter bundle (Eye+Move+Game) will in fact be $99.99, just that it will at most be that price.

2. I wouldn't expect Move to be much more expensive than Wii Remote and it will proably be less expensive than a Wii Remote + Wii Motion Plus.

3. There will no doubt be bundles of 2 PlayStation Move controllers as well as a Move controller and a Sub-Controller.

Twistedpixel said:
Grimes said:
Twistedpixel said:

Wiimote will be $90

Natal will be $50-100

$140 is two wands.

For several of the demos, two lightsticks were being used.

Grimes said:
Twistedpixel said:
Grimes said:
Twistedpixel said:

Wiimote will be $90

Natal will be $50-100

$140 is two wands.

For several of the demos, two lightsticks were being used.

Wand is lightstick is wand. I refuse to call it anything other than the Sony mote or wand, its to remind people who its copying,.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Has the pricing for Natal been confirmed yet? I have read a few different estimates and $75.00 has been the cheapest.

The good thing about the Move as compared to the Wii mote is that the PS3 was built without motion control in mind. So the Move is a pure add on. If you think it looks dumb, you don't have to worry about it as the accompanying games were not made for it. With the Wii, the main allure is the motion, hence the wide array of games using the technology.

I think the Move will be a success.