By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My problem with Sony Move ...

Rainbird said:

Are you suspicious that people might be listening in on your phone conversations too, just because your phone has a microphone?

Like it's not so :sarcasm:

Every government is doing this, unless you're living in Pinkland

Around the Network

If they want to watch me playing PS3 on my couch with my wang hanging out I could care less.

I hope they enjoy the show.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I see this as Sony's 32X. An Add-On control scheme that many of the userbase has spent years voicing their disgust at.

Though suddenly its cool and innovative..If only Sony released this in 2006.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Faxanadu said:
Rainbird said:
Faxanadu said:
MDMAniac said:
Sony has no right to mess with our privacy and our lifes. I'm quite suprised at people here who are so light-headed at giving such potential to the corporation.

Exactly. I find it interesting how people here are like: "dont be retarded, its just a camera that is in your living room on a system you have no control over that can be updated with patches any time and is connected to the internet."

If Sony did anything like that, they would be found out quick and be punished severely. And even if you have the slightest suspicion that Sony would do this, you can just unplug the camera!

Are you suspicious that people might be listening in on your phone conversations too, just because your phone has a microphone? Isn't it pretty dangerous to have a cellphone too then? That's a closed system, which has a microphone, and most of them come with cameras these days too.

What does my cell phone have to do with a web cam in my living room?

And yes, people listen in on phone conversations. You should know that.

It's a comparison. What should stop the producer of your cell phone from tapping your phone and stealing whatever video and photos you might be getting on your phone?

And again, if you're even worried in the slightest about this, just pull the plug on the camera when you're not using it, problem solved!

You're being paranoid here, stop worrying that everyone is out to get you, or spy on you, or whatever.

Just to be clear, I am absolutely not paranoid.

I am merely stating a fact that a device will be installed in your living room that can be abused since it is a camera connected to the internet. What are all you guys so fussed about to personally attack me?

Things like these have been abused and will be abused.

And yes, web cams are being monitored, phone conversations are being recorded, and these are FACTS, which I am fine with, I just want to point out that one needs to be aware of this.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Faxanadu said:
Rainbird said:
Faxanadu said:
MDMAniac said:
Sony has no right to mess with our privacy and our lifes. I'm quite suprised at people here who are so light-headed at giving such potential to the corporation.

Exactly. I find it interesting how people here are like: "dont be retarded, its just a camera that is in your living room on a system you have no control over that can be updated with patches any time and is connected to the internet."

If Sony did anything like that, they would be found out quick and be punished severely. And even if you have the slightest suspicion that Sony would do this, you can just unplug the camera!

Are you suspicious that people might be listening in on your phone conversations too, just because your phone has a microphone? Isn't it pretty dangerous to have a cellphone too then? That's a closed system, which has a microphone, and most of them come with cameras these days too.

It's a comparison. What should stop the producer of your cell phone from tapping your phone and stealing whatever video and photos you might be getting on your phone?

And again, if you're even worried in the slightest about this, just pull the plug on the camera when you're not using it, problem solved!

You're being paranoid here, stop worrying that everyone is out to get you, or spy on you, or whatever.

My phone company doesnt automatically update my firmware through the internet.

Also, I am not worried that they do it to me, I am worried that it will be abused and someone will suffer from it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Rainbird said:
Faxanadu said:
Rainbird said:
Faxanadu said:
MDMAniac said:

Also, I am not worried that they do it to me, I am worried that it will be abused and someone will suffer from it.

Nor does the PS3.

Faxanadu said:
Just to be clear, I am absolutely not paranoid.

I am merely stating a fact that a device will be installed in your living room that can be abused since it is a camera connected to the internet. What are all you guys so fussed about to personally attack me?

Things like these have been abused and will be abused.

And yes, web cams are being monitored, phone conversations are being recorded, and these are FACTS, which I am fine with, I just want to point out that one needs to be aware of this.

I don't think it is that bad if Sony sees that I have a healthy sex life or that I play video games or that I play with my kid.

Whether they watch you or not, unless you are seriously doing something like selling guns or making some crystal meth in your living room laboratory I don't see why we should be so afraid.

I also doubt Sony will be doing this, just like I doubt Natal is going to be used to undercover spying operations.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Rainbird said:
Faxanadu said:

Nor does the PS3.

How are the updates done? On Wii it gets done over internet or game discs.

well even if they are monitored , who gives a damn about some person waving a glowing stick like a retard?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.