By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ff 13 best graphics this gen

The whole game is just CGI man. Even the 360 version who runs at sub HD looks better than most games during cut scenes. There are 2 types of cut scenes in the game and they are both CGI, just that one is rendered in the game engine. This is not real graphics though as you can not control the characters in any way. Its a pretty game though, but not as pretty has Heavy Rain imo, another game that uses "cheat" graphics. Gow 3 on the other hand... thats what i call graphics.

I am assuming this is console only graphic discussion, since pretty much any new game on PC has better graphics than all these games i just mentioned.

Around the Network

Not the best IMO, but still very beautiful.

scottie said:
hikaruchan said:
scottie said:
FFXIII (PS3) 20 frames per second (floor)
God of War 3 (PS3) 60 frames per second (locked in) (last I heard anyway)

Screenshot comparisons are pointless

PS3 Version of FFXIII is 30FPS dude.

Sorry to burst your bubble, dude, it may get as high as 30 fps when nothing is happening, but when there is lots of stuff on screen, it has been shown to hit as low as 20. That's why I said floor. The 360 version was slightly higher (26 fps as a floor) because the resolution is lower.

Don't you read VGChartz news stories? It was about a week ago

shitty dev=/= shitty hardware

GOW III for example has WAYY more things onscreen than FF XIII, and MUCH HIGHER visuals, and it runs at 40-50fps, rarely dips under 40.

mM

it's smexy very smexy, however after a +5 year dev time, they could have cleaned up more, some textures are messed up.

leo-j said:
scottie said:
hikaruchan said:
scottie said:
FFXIII (PS3) 20 frames per second (floor)
God of War 3 (PS3) 60 frames per second (locked in) (last I heard anyway)

Screenshot comparisons are pointless

PS3 Version of FFXIII is 30FPS dude.

Sorry to burst your bubble, dude, it may get as high as 30 fps when nothing is happening, but when there is lots of stuff on screen, it has been shown to hit as low as 20. That's why I said floor. The 360 version was slightly higher (26 fps as a floor) because the resolution is lower.

Don't you read VGChartz news stories? It was about a week ago

shitty dev=/= shitty hardware

GOW III for example has WAYY more things onscreen than FF XIII, and MUCH HIGHER visuals, and it runs at 40-50fps, rarely dips under 40.

I never claimed it did. All I've said in this discussion is that FFXIII runs at a lower framerate than god of war, so a screenshot comparison is pointless

Around the Network

maybe not best graphics in techs but best looking game atm yes

I've played the first 6 hours. I disagree- it's not even in my top 5.

4 ≈ One

Maybe not the best graphics this gen but even after playing 4 hours of Uncharted 2 last night I must still say that I find Final Fantasy XIII much more pleasing to the eyes, especially in the crystal area I am at.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

meh, I'll say it the best looking RPG so far, but Versus will take that crown

facial features are nice but when you see the hands in the in-game cut-scenes its all blocky.