By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sega sending Yakuza 3 to its death?

Considering Yakuza 2 sold 50k LTD, I repeat 50k LTD in NA according to this site Im rather surprise that Yakuza 3 has a chance to do 40-50k FW in a much smaller userbase...

Around the Network

Yakuza 3 is awesome. I can only say: Buy this game, gamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60 hours = 1x play the game to the end!

The Ps3 has a very awesome LineUp with GOW3, Yakuza 3 and FF13^^

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

KylieDog said:
I'm more bothered they think not bothering to add english VA, cutting out parts of the game and then thinking it is ok to release it at full price is acceptable.

i'd rather have Japanese VA in Final Fantasy XIII then english VA in Yakuza! Shame about the cut parts though.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

this one has a lot followers (more than you think)

After playing the demo I don't think it would sell any different if it was released alone =P

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
I'm more bothered they think not bothering to add english VA, cutting out parts of the game and then thinking it is ok to release it at full price is acceptable.

They have only cut about 5% of the total content. The game is still good for at least ~60 hours of play.

I am sure that the people who will play this game in the west won't bother about the english VA. Its way more fun having the original japanese voice with english subs. besides implementing full english VA would have increased the cost manifold and I am sure they realized that it would never have made back the money in sales.

What matters is that Sega have had minimal cost in publishing this game and are going to make some money (a little) even though its sales out here will be very low. This will mean that we will see Yakuza 4 and Kenzan possibly in the future also.

I am sure that the true Yakuza fans in the west will have nothing to complain about that.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Did Yakuza 3 make profit in Japan? The game seems to have good production values and I always wondered how games sell 100-400k in japan and the devs seem happy with it.

Most of you don't know much about the series, don't you? Yakuza has never had English VA...

@JGarret - I've never played the games but I've spoken to a few that have. They've had nothing but positives to say.

4 ≈ One

Marco said:
Yakuza 3 is awesome. I can only say: Buy this game, gamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60 hours = 1x play the game to the end!

The Ps3 has a very awesome LineUp with GOW3, Yakuza 3 and FF13^^

I totally agree with this. I am huge fan of Japanese action-adventures and this is one of them. It also adds another great choice to the Sony line up

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Yeah, i was thinking about getting it until I saw no English Voice Overs. Oh well, they must not think its worth the effort. Glad it will still be available to those that want it, though.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS