By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sega sending Yakuza 3 to its death?

SickleSigh said:
Did Yakuza 3 make profit in Japan? The game seems to have good production values and I always wondered how games sell 100-400k in japan and the devs seem happy with it.

Shortly after the game released, I remember a statement from SEGA saying that they had broken even. Any sales after that were just profit. 

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Most of you don't know much about the series, don't you? Yakuza has never had English VA...

@JGarret - I've never played the games but I've spoken to a few that have. They've had nothing but positives to say.

First one had English VA. Second didn't.

Anyway, its a great series and I hope they release 4 and Kenzan in the west.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Well, it sounds interesting.

*Looks up videos on youtube and sees diaper men*

Uh, never mind. >_>;

epicurean said:
Yeah, i was thinking about getting it until I saw no English Voice Overs. Oh well, they must not think its worth the effort. Glad it will still be available to those that want it, though.

I`m the opposite. I would not buy the game if it hadn`t Japanese VO

disolitude said:
They don't need the money.

Alien VS Predator is rolling in the dough...

this is funny. maybe breaking even,but not really rolling in the dough.

Around the Network
Onibaka said:
epicurean said:
Yeah, i was thinking about getting it until I saw no English Voice Overs. Oh well, they must not think its worth the effort. Glad it will still be available to those that want it, though.

I`m the opposite. I would not buy the game if it hadn`t Japanese VO

I can't believe people are really this picky. lol

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
this one has a lot followers (more than you think)

In Japan yes.

But in in NA, im going have to disagree due to the really low NA sales from the previous. 

oldschoolfool said:
disolitude said:
They don't need the money.

Alien VS Predator is rolling in the dough...

this is funny. maybe breaking even,but not really rolling in the dough.

your statement is funnier since its completely unfounded.

According to VGchartz, Sega has sold 0.82 million copies of AVP...add the PC sales where the main fanbase for this series is and you can safely say they've sold over a million.

Lets take a million as a nice round number.

According to this chart, sega has already made 27 million dollars on this game:

A game that was made using an in house engine by a small development team, with little no to advertising does not cost 27 million dollars to make.

Not to mention that the game will have healthy sales for weeks to come. and should easily sell 2 million units across all platforms.

I think it's being sent to death in the weirdest of ways.

No advertising and no English seems like they know the market is super niche.  But then they remove content that the super niche wants because they feel it'll stop the game from being a huge hit in the mainstream.  Seems a little oxymoronic.

SickleSigh said:
Did Yakuza 3 make profit in Japan? The game seems to have good production values and I always wondered how games sell 100-400k in japan and the devs seem happy with it.

I think high production values for a game made in Japan that was only going to be sold in Japan (It's coming out here was an afterthought imo) are radically different than what's considered high production values for a game made in the US.  I checked out the demo and the graphics look like a great PS2 game and only half of a conversation might have voice acting in it.

It should be budget price a couple of weeks after release. I'll pick it up then