By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sega sending Yakuza 3 to its death?

i think if you buy this game called yukuza your probably supporting crime, why ? would yakuza a real mafia organization let someone use its name without royalty payments ? i mean would you go and make a game about MS-13 and not share profits ?

Around the Network
mrpink said:

i think if you buy this game called yukuza your probably supporting crime, why ? would yakuza a real mafia organization let someone use its name without royalty payments ? i mean would you go and make a game about MS-13 and not share profits ?

you do know this game is only called "yakuza" in the west, not in japan?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

the game kinda reminds me of shenmue, so any fans of shenmue then this is almost as good.

Porcupine_I said:
mrpink said:

your assuming that yakuza only operate in japan ? well sonny FYI yakuza is worldwide,

theres members right now in hawaii, sooner or later sega is going to face extortion. hahaha

AND i wouldnt be at all surprised that this game yakuza was thought up by real yakuza members,

so yea sega is indirectly supporting crime along with anyone who buys this game, now dont get me wrong this game -

is good game, buy it, yakuza is a household name and deserves respect. i'm just saying it could be crime related.,

This game was fan service only... they already made the profit with the japan sales. If they wanted yakuza to go mainstream they would have english voices recorded.

Around the Network
sega4life said:

I can say as a hradcore SEGA fan in the USA, I have never played the game.

you own only 10 genesis games so i can't see how you are a hardcore fan to begin with

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

ill buy it when it 30$, at the most

mrpink said:
Porcupine_I said:
mrpink said:

your assuming that yakuza only operate in japan ? well sonny FYI yakuza is worldwide,

theres members right now in hawaii, sooner or later sega is going to face extortion. hahaha

AND i wouldnt be at all surprised that this game yakuza was thought up by real yakuza members,

so yea sega is indirectly supporting crime along with anyone who buys this game, now dont get me wrong this game -

is good game, buy it, yakuza is a household name and deserves respect. i'm just saying it could be crime related.,

you're cute :)

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

mrpink said:

Ahhhhhh!!. thanks for telling me, i didn't know! 

i'm going to buy Mafia 2 instead.

thanks again.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
sega4life said:

I can say as a hradcore SEGA fan in the USA, I have never played the game.

you own only 10 genesis games so i can't see how you are a hardcore fan to begin with

LMFAO please...from all the games I own for PS3, 360, wii, GC, GB, DS, GBA, NG, SMS, GEN, NES, GG, DC, NEGP, PsP, Ngage, etc.. I got lazy and stopped adding all the games to my list, not to mention, I didn't think anyone else even looks at other peoples game list, whats the point, I mean I can add every single game in the system to my list, and who's to say what I really own..

I do own roughly almost 90% of SEGA games ever made, I have 2-4 of every SEGA system made -minus the SG-1000.

Need we forget my Avatar, you know the SEGA Tattoo on my leg..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o