By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just bought Endless Ocean for Wii (Australia)

Forever Blue to some regions.

I don't believe it's out here in Australia just yet, a local store here had it in and they wont say how, I must say, it really is a beautiful game, pulls you straight in.

I payed a whopping $87 for this apparent (Budget) game, but it is worth it's every dollar.

Definitely not for everyone, but I think more games like this should be made, peaceful games are great, kinda why I love the Harvest Moon series so much.

The graphics are fantastic and the soundtrack is superb, and if you don't like the games in-built tracks it will read for MP3's off your SD card, (Somehow listening to X Japan and Guns N' Roses whilst exploring the ocean doesn't suit) Importing some Enya would work great though.

I was very pleased that you could surface at anytime (not onto the boat, that's a given) I mean as in swim to the surface and have a look around at the islands around you etc etc.

What this game is trying to do is something else, and it does it great, easily at least a 9/10 hands down.

Around the Network

Nice - I was definitely considering this. Maybe next year, if it drops in price a little. Be nice to have a safe, exploration game around - something fun for the kids, with no aggression :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I cant speak of this game highly enough either, I recommend it to all wii owners. Its good to break out of your favourite genres and try something different like this game
Like you Im a Australian, I got my copy of dvdcrave.com for about $50. They get a few games from the uk earlier than are poxy Aussie release dates.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Its interesting that considering the wii is marketed as the more affordable alternative in Australia at least the games aren't that much cheaper than the 360 and ps3 games.
I'm from Australia too and its depressing when you see how expensive our games are compared to the rest of the world and especially compared to the United States.

I think this title is a hit-or-miss kinda game. I'd rent it first before buying.

Around the Network

@ArtofAngels:

glad to read you decided to get the game and that you enjoy it a lot. I am getting more and more into the game as well. Definitely one of those truly unique games that only comes along once in a while. Amd yes, the music is really good. so good that sometimes i just start up my wii to listen to the title song while cleaning my appartment. really weird, i know.

For us over here it is abudget title, and at 30 Euros one of the definite value packs for the wii.

@branko: the games are not very much cheaper anywhere in the world. the usual price point here in europe is between 47 Euro (SMG) and 60 Euro (3rd party titles sometimes). Which by the way is more than 80 USD. So much for budget.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

and as a final remark: i recently bought MP3, SMG and Endless Ocean. With the limited time I have to play games, my decision on which of the three to play is usually a very close call, which says it all.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Is it a photography game? Or are there any missions so to speak of?

It is mission/story driven and it also has side mission of sorts where take people on a guided dive. But having said that its as open ended as you want it to be, so you can go and do what you want when ever you want.
It also has photography element too, you can take photos and save them in photo album. Some side missions involve you taking photos etc.
You can have pet dolphins etc and train them to do tricks at the back of your boat.
Also its one of the few wii games with online play, so you can go diving with a friend and go show them your favourite dive spots. The online works brilliant with no lag at all. The communication is limited with set response but you have pen that you can write like in ms paint.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:
It is mission/story driven and it also has side mission of sorts where take people on a guided dive. But having said that its as open ended as you want it to be, so you can go and do what you want when ever you want.
It also has photography element too, you can take photos and save them in photo album. Some side missions involve you taking photos etc.
You can have pet dolphins etc and train them to do tricks at the back of your boat.
Also its one of the few wii games with online play, so you can go diving with a friend and go show them your favourite dive spots. The online works brilliant with no lag at all. The communication is limited with set response but you have pen that you can write like in ms paint.

If I ever get online at home, I will definitely try this feature...

Now, how to get online connection with your Wii if you only have a UMTS-datacard for your laptop?