By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just bought Endless Ocean for Wii (Australia)

misteromar mk4 said:
It is mission/story driven and it also has side mission of sorts where take people on a guided dive. But having said that its as open ended as you want it to be, so you can go and do what you want when ever you want.
It also has photography element too, you can take photos and save them in photo album. Some side missions involve you taking photos etc.
You can have pet dolphins etc and train them to do tricks at the back of your boat.
Also its one of the few wii games with online play, so you can go diving with a friend and go show them your favourite dive spots. The online works brilliant with no lag at all. The communication is limited with set response but you have pen that you can write like in ms paint.

Thanks for the info misteromar. I remember seeing a few videos of this game a while ago, and the music was great.

Wii owners should be very happy with this title.

Around the Network

This is my favourite Wii game to date, my mate even picked it up after I showed him.

This game deserves an award of some kind.

I too have SMG, MP3 and have found myself playing Endless Ocean quite a lot (this weekend especially).

Its relaxing, fun and interesting. There is no story as such just mini objectives which unlock new skills, abilities etc.

The music is very nice, I think new songs are unlocked as you progress. Best to compile your own music though. Enya works well, also Boards of Canada or anything ambient, trippy or even classical as long as it is soothing. My only gripe with choosing mp3 tracks is that you can only have one song playing per dive!! So what I am going to do is create several long mixes.

Graphically it is very good. Fish animations are extremely well done and proportional. Whales move slowly and elegantly, other fish dart about in schools some even hide in small holes popping in and out (dolphin will help you find some of them). There are also Seals and birds (including penguins) that you encounter all really well done.

Graphics do lack some sheen or sparkle, it would be nice if there were some additional dynamic light effects such as bloom or specular detail which is seen in SMG or MP3, generally speaking when you are diving these would be a nice addition but when you are on the boat graphics are not the best.

Highly recommended especially if you can get it for a budget price. I got my copy for £17.99 and I have no major complaints for that price.

From what I read here it is fast becoming a must have. I liked the look of it from the start but with my budget only stretching to a game every couple of months I was unsure now at £19.99 its high on my list.

If your laptop has a wireless network card on it you can turn it into a wireless access point. Then you need to share your network connection. If you are unable to do that, which happens sometimes, you need to set up an open source proxy server to handle that for you.

Around the Network
KohlyKohl said:
If your laptop has a wireless network card on it you can turn it into a wireless access point. Then you need to share your network connection, if you cannot which happens sometimes, you need to set up an open source proxy server to handle that for you.

thanks a lot. that sounds - intriguing. At least there is a way and I might actually try it. But only for the scuba. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Hmm maybe I'll look into getting this game.