By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Slim 360 - Wouldn't it make sense?

I'm sure it's no secret: the PS3 sales exploded when it's form got sexier and it's price got cut. A lethal combination with the right games, no?

I can't be the only one who thinks the 360 could get something similar, if Microsoft were smart. This Fall may yet be the 360's largest even without one, but just imagine how huge it could be if Natal released alongside a lower cost and a newer, sexier frame... I sure can!

Sales would be pretty beastly, and with the new games coming out, it could propel the 360 above the PS3 worldwide. At the very least, the 360 would be competitive.

What do you fine folks think? (Aside from the fact that this has probably been discussed long ago)

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

i think i have heard this before, might happen, might not

I would want to make a bet with anyone, that there aren't going to be any major redisigns and or price cuts for all 3 consoles this year. 'Natal' is the redesign for the 360, I don't think it'll get a Slim model.

Steve Ballmer said there would be a new XBox this year, it's going to happen.

Sorry but MS screwed themselves with the HDD placement

Around the Network

Doubt it,PS3 needed to be slimmer,360 doesnt o.O.
And also,most of the sales after the slim released were because of the price cut...not redesign.

Gabe Newell isn't allowing Portal 2 to be on PS3 Slim because it makes him feel fat. If there's a 360 Slim, Valve will go back to only developing on PC.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

letsdance said:
Sorry but MS screwed themselves with the HDD placement

never thought about this.

It doesn't actually need to be slimmer, but a redesign that is quieter, uses less power and maybe has built in wireless would be nice.

I would buy a 360 slim. If it had the new chip set, for sure. They won't though, because we get Natal instead, meh

Fuck... I'm dead!