By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So SONY's New game is.....SOCOM 4

maverick40 said:

is this the surprise trailer that is going to be on gametrailers?

Yup, GT is giving us a trailer. This is their surprise announcement.

Around the Network
maverick40 said:

I want to believe that it's not, but there's a 99.99999999999999% chance that it is.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
maverick40 said:

I want to believe that it's not, but there's a 99.99999999999999% chance that it is.

papflesje said:
isn't this shooting yourself in the foot with MAG just out? :s

Oh, and before we let you go, we wanted to send a message to our SOCOM and MAG fans all over the world. First, if you play MAG and wonder what this means for the game’s future, wonder no more – we’re still fully committed to supporting MAG for a long, long time and the addition of another game in our lineup doesn’t change that. Second, it’s been great to hear from SOCOM fanatics located in every corner of the globe as we led into today’s announcement. We’re extremely excited to be attached to this beloved franchise again and knowing that so many people wanted us to return to something that already meant so much to us has been both inspiring and touching – so thank you to all of you who wanted it to happen! We look forward to living up to your expectations.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/socom-4-its-official/

Zipper isn't a small company, btw. 

4 ≈ One

CGI-Quality said:

This could be like the Gears of War for PlayStation 3 if Sony plays their cards right with it. 5 Player Co-op, a robust online, a gripping single player! They could really impress with it.

Okay, okay, I'll stop hating now. It's not Sony's fault that every time they say "new exclusive", we get "Jak 4!" "Crash 4!" "New Spyro!" "Syphon Filter PS3!"

This could actually be very good. But I still want all of the games I just named at some point.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

socom yes!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! the best shooter ever

papflesje said:
isn't this shooting yourself in the foot with MAG just out? :s

even if they're made by the same developer, they're different games...to start with, they release on differents time frames and one is FPS and the other a TPS.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

CGI-Quality said:

This could be like the Gears of War for PlayStation 3 if Sony plays their cards right with it. 5 Player Co-op, a robust online, a gripping single player! They could really impress with it.

Also CGI online popularity has really blown up this gen, especially on PlayStation

SOCOM already has dedicated fans, now if SONY does play their cards right the franchise has a chance to become BIG too!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well, I was way wrong, it's not Starhawk lol, but this is Freaking Awesome, Zipper’s back with a vengeance on the Socom scene lol!!! MAG is an awesome game and I can’t wait to see what new things they bring to the Socom franchise, I’ll be watching the trailer tonight for SOCOM 4!!!

FOREVER IN DARKNESS!!!

Why is SkyNet wearing a PS3 Logo???

Haters be gone, Soccom is awesome!