By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have you picked up the Monster Hunter Tri demo yet?

I got mine Wednesday at 6:30 PM.
Had quite a bit in stock, but I was the first person to get one, the employees didn't even know about it.
Anyway, decent demo, same as the Japanese demo.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Around the Network

went to 2 stores in Canada, said they have no idea what it is and dont think theyll be getting it

I just picked one up, but we have some things to do before trying it out.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Might give it a try over the course of Spring Break. I've fought long and hard for the luxury of having nothing to do, and i'm going to enjoy it.

I need to go to the GameStop near my home anyway, since i'll have to preorder Galaxy 2 and Other M, and also pick up Jirachi, so i might as well pick this up too. I really just want to see how the whole equipment-crafting thing works, because that's what i'm most wary of.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Played the demo today!

For those of you who haven't played it yet, it's pretty straightforward ... choose a class (long sword/switch axe/bow gun/ etc.) then pick one of two marks, either the Great Jaggi or Qurupeco (annoying as fuck bird).

Personally, I was pleased, the camera angles have been much improved over the PSP version, and the loading times, though frequent, are quick.

I can't wait for April! I've already convinced my younger brother to pre-order this so we can play online.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

Around the Network

^^ Addendum: Beware of Qurupeco. That bitch summoned a Rathian to his aid just as he was about to die. Cheap ass bitch.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

You all were right about the learning curve. I still haven't beaten the easy mark, and I tried four different classes. I just wish this had been a multiplayer demo so I could try it with friends.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs