By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - let's discuss halo reach sales

idk how much launch week. 13-16 mil LTD

Around the Network

4.2 m wk. 1
12.5 m lt

There are a lot more 360's out there but is the user base more diverse? The Master Chief's trilogy is over and this game has a known conclusion on a doomed planet. On the other hand, it could review very well and the new engine will produce a great looking game. Any guess under 10 m seems like wishful thinking from unfans to me. It's still Halo.

First week:

America 3.1m
Others 1.25m
Japan 70k

~ 4.42m

Lifetime:

America 9.1m
Others 3.77m
Japan 130k

~ 13m

If the beta is half as awesome as that video looks, who knows what numbers it could put up?

It sold 3.8 million worldwide first week on 11.5 million consoles. So 1 in 3 bought it week 1.

The 360 should be at around 41 million consoles or so by then. Even if the first week attach number for Reach drops to 1 in 6 - so half as much - it moves 6.8 million units.

It could be huge, huge numbers. Again - the beta has to be great and the hype machine needs to be ramped up in the summer (like it's not going to be?) but there is a possibility that this sets all sorts of records. If MW2 can move 4.9 million world wide with another console as an option?

There's absolutely no reason Halo: Reach can't do 8 million in its first week if its advance buzz is good.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

I think 4 mill FW, WW.

16 million Lifetime. Whatever it gets lifetime it will beat Halo 3 easy. This game is gonna be packed with so much stuff, and it will sell some more consoles. Thats my prediction.

Around the Network

FW > Halo 3
LTD > Halo 3
Complaints > Halo 3
Hate > Halo 3
Love > Halo 3
Move Consoles? > 200k

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

It really depends on what kind of advertising Microsoft does. If they put as much into the advertising as Halo 3, I can see the game selling 4.5-6 million first week. Mediocre add blitz and you still come up with 4-4.5 million first week.

Overall I say lifetime it will do 13-15.5million (this is if the game is actually as good as it looks).

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

3-4 million first week, 9 million lifetime. there is no way it's going to beat MF2's first week.
besides, the call of duty series is now wayyyyyyyyy more popular than halo.

7 million lifetime, there are other shooters now, better then Halo, I don't think it will sale like Halo3

@ last couple posters.

There's not a chance in the universe this sells less than Halo 3 unless it's absolutely bugged and garbage, which is never going to happen. You're crazy.

You might convince me it won't destroy sales of H3, but it will definitely surpass it if only that there are triple the consoles when it is released.

Saying there are other shooters out there is like saying Mario Galaxy won't sell because there are Mario games already or Gran Turismo won't sell because there's lots of racers. It's ludicrous. It's the most popular brand and the most popular franchise on the console.

COD creates MORE shooter fans, not fewer.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?