By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many copies does MAG need to sell to be successful

FullMetalMerc said:

i love playing MAG but have noticed its not selling to well. So how many copies does MAG need to sell to be successful and justify a sequal.

To opine that it's not selling well is pretty ignorant.

It's an exclusive PS3 shooter that is online-only, received mediocre critical reception and, last but not least, is a new IP.

600k already is good going - better than many on this site predicted.

It's guaranteed to break 1mil now and I think ultimately it'll break 1.5mil too.

Considering that it didn't have a huge development cycle and based on the assets didn't have a huge budget either, I think it's safe to say that it's already around the break-even mark, if not even creeping into profit.

Around the Network

I dont think it needs a sequals

It's on the PS3, which is too hard to develop for. And it's exclusive. So 10 billion copies

I would say enough copies to guarantee you can find a full-sized game the majority of the time. If 1 or 2 months from now too many of the buyers aren't playing anymore, it will have lost it's main appeal and you could consider it a failure.

Profit-wise it's probably already good, if not it's very close.

i predict 1.5 million with an active community, its a great game but its not for everyone

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
wholikeswood said:
FullMetalMerc said:

i love playing MAG but have noticed its not selling to well. So how many copies does MAG need to sell to be successful and justify a sequal.

It's an exclusive PS3 shooter that is online-only, received mediocre critical reception and, last but not least, is a new IP.

It's guaranteed to break 1mil now and I think ultimately it'll break 1.5mil too.

Considering that it didn't have a huge development cycle and based on the assets didn't have a huge budget either, I think it's safe to say that it's already around the break-even mark, if not even creeping into profit.

76/100 after 74 reviews is not mediocre.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/mag?q=MAG 

4 ≈ One

less than it already has.

I dont see any sequels maybe on PS4. I am ready for some DLC a new game mode or 2 and some new maps.

Dgc1808 said:
wholikeswood said:
FullMetalMerc said:

76/100 after 74 reviews is not mediocre.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/mag?q=MAG 

I consider ~65 to ~75 to be mediocre.

Potaytoe, Potartoh...

1 Mill +

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E