By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

Now I'm getting scared. I may have a possibilty of losing trophies for Demon Souls and Dragon Age. And since this is happening to the phat PS3's, I might have to buy a new one.
( That isn't really a bad thing, since I'm running out of space for my PS3 anyway ) I also noticed games without trophies work perfectly fine ....

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

fuck I think I caught the bug, I couldn't log on psn 2 hours ago

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

So there I was, about to play bayonetta, and I decided to pop on vgchartz for a sec. THANK GOD. Thanks making music, really dodged a bullet there.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Euphoria14 said:
steverhcp02 said:
Euphoria14 said:
My 60GB PS3 has been having issues logging into PSN tonight. I seriously hope my trophies don't get messed up...

It appears, form what ive experienced, it only completely deletes the trophies for th egame you either were playing when the bug hit or play after. I've been playing borderlands for 3 hours today on and off but ive left the gam eon all day flipping between homework and the game, just checked my list to see and borderlands is completely absent from my trophy list now.

Im so pissed, im the class special kills away from a platinum and completed all of Dr Neds island DLC.

You're right...

I was playing Bioshock tonight when all of a sudden my game crashed. Now it crashes whenever I play and all of trophies for the game are gone.

This is serious bullshit.

Don't fret!  Any trophies you have synced with your PSN account will be safe.

I had a similar scare when I first played Uncharted after getting my refurb ps3.  It reset my trophies on my ps3 to 0%, but the next time I synced to the network, it went back to 44% or whatever.

Any trophies you earned since the last time you synced your trophies will be lost though.  Any you earned before that are safe.

couldnt owners idk, manually change the date and time?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
Xxain said:
Can somebody fuckin Xxplain this? is this related to the Heavy Rain patch? Ive been on PSN all day and haven't had any issues

no it has to do with psn and sony, i have never played heavy rain and neither have alot of people and still have the issue, its sony or hack or something, something is going down that we dont know about

Actually, the bug has nothing to do with PSN.  However, being connected to PSN can seemingly keep the bug from happening.

The bug is happening as a fault of the internal clock on the motherboard.

WTF... Im definitely NOT leaving my PS3 on for that amount of time! what if we disconnect from PSN but still use PS3

Holy Fuck!!! my GTA4 trophies are gone!!! :O

makingmusic476 said:
The issue seems to revolve around February 29th. Or rather the fact that there is no February 29th this year. All issues starting popping up around 6:30 EST today, so hopefully all date issues should be fixed by aroudn the same time tomorrow. If not, we may have to wait for a firmware update from Sony, which will be quite troublesome if nobody can connect to the network!

Or we just wait till 2012...

ssj12 said:
couldnt owners idk, manually change the date and time?

They are.  Everything is still borked regardless.  You can't actually adjust the date anyway.  The date you see on the XMB is just a superficial alteration of the system's internal clock.