By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

This bug will officially be named "Lavos"

Around the Network

Trying to keep this up to date, so hit me if anything worth adding happens!

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7216

Xxain said:
WTF... Im definitely NOT leaving my PS3 on for that amount of time! what if we disconnect from PSN but still use PS3

Ive tried, it will not reset your date but your PS3 will still be screwed. As soon as you turn it off and on again, then the date will be reset.

Can we hit you anyways?

I manually fixed my time and it didnt solve anything. Now I have a broken PS3 with the correct time and date...great.

Around the Network

I turned my PS3 off, and turned it back on. My date is still fine. I guess i'm lucky :)

Euphoria14 said:

I have never understood when exactly you sync. Is it when I check my friend's list and go to my own username or is it when I just check my trophies list from the "game" section of the XMB?

Id liek to know this as well, i very rarely manually sync my trophies, i check while im in game a lot though.

makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:
steverhcp02 said:
Euphoria14 said:
My 60GB PS3 has been having issues logging into PSN tonight. I seriously hope my trophies don't get messed up...

It appears, form what ive experienced, it only completely deletes the trophies for th egame you either were playing when the bug hit or play after. I've been playing borderlands for 3 hours today on and off but ive left the gam eon all day flipping between homework and the game, just checked my list to see and borderlands is completely absent from my trophy list now.

Im so pissed, im the class special kills away from a platinum and completed all of Dr Neds island DLC.

You're right...

I was playing Bioshock tonight when all of a sudden my game crashed. Now it crashes whenever I play and all of trophies for the game are gone.

This is serious bullshit.

Don't fret!  Any trophies you have synced with your PSN account will be safe.

I had a similar scare when I first played Uncharted after getting my refurb ps3.  It reset my trophies on my ps3 to 0%, but the next time I synced to the network, it went back to 44% or whatever.

Any trophies you earned since the last time you synced your trophies will be lost though.  Any you earned before that are safe.

Yeah, lol, just fixed my ps3 and this happens. At least i have dark cloud to keep me company, until they fix it.

I always sync after i'm done playing the game.

hopefully this can be fix by an update, if you go to system update and hit "search via internet" it will tell you if you have the latest update or not, so I'm assuming that internet funtion works(like the PS3 browser I'm using) luckily I didn't lose my trophies on my latest game(darsiders)