By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Will u resist the urge of playing the pirated version of Starcraft 2 Beta?

Will u resist the urge of playing the pirated version of Starcraft 2 Beta?

Yes 23 31.08%

I'm fighting the urge so far 7 9.46%

I'm fighting a losing battle to... 3 4.05%

No 21 28.38%

I've already downloaded ... 20 27.03%

Total:74

No actually, I'm going to look for it right now

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

I have a huge gaming backlog to get thru, so by the time I'll actually consider buying Starcraft 2, it's probably already been out for a few months.

So resisting this half-arsed temptation shouldn't be hard.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

I already have the real beta. So why would I need the pirated? :P

I LOVE ICELAND!

yes

Starcraft is clickcraft. They could reduce half the clicks with some decent economy management and computer micro a. i. and templates. They instead decided to focus on a steam like upgrade to battlenet.

Repent or be destroyed

Around the Network

Starcraft is pretty much my favourite game of all time. So yes I wont play the pirated beta because I want to play the final version in all its glory. Not some unfinished, not completely tested version.

Oh man... I'm gonna have to download it now! Best RTS EVER!

But I will surely buy a original copy when it's out, but I can't wait to have a taste of it!

Get your Portable ID!

"The proles are not human beings."

"All animals are equals, but some are more equals than others."

(George Orwell)

I am Brazilian and LOVE English Literature, studying it is my life.

I'd like to play it sooner rather than later, but I have better things to do at present than play a pirated, incomplete version of the game.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

Where is the I sold my beta code for 300 dollars on ebay option? That and my Blizzcon mount for WoW got me almost 500 dollars total. I love Blizzcon swag. :)

Or in the least, the Starcraft II isnt on my radar whatsoever option. :P

More power to you guys, but Command and Conquer has my heart from that era.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I am still hoping to get an invite to the beta TBH but if someone were to give me a copy I wouldn't turn it down.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!