By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Viper1 said:
1. I can list several dozen new IP's not yet released that say Hi.

2. Then explain why the Wii has relatively the same software attach ratio as the PS3?

As Chrizum stated, you may agree with some of his statements yet their factual basis falters heavily toward being false.

1. Most of the large publishing houses are abandoning the Wii after sales disappointment.

2. It's not about software attach ratio, it's about non casual game attach ratio (with the EXCEPTION for Nintendo titles OFC).

Madworld, Little King's Story, The Conduit, Muramasa, No More Heroes 1 + 2, Okami, Zack and Wiki - none of these games sold more than half a milion on 60+ milion console, what does that tell you? And these are one of the highest rated and best third party games on Wii

I have them, you might have them, a lot of people here will have them, but the other 68 000 000 people don't.

PS3 has a MUCH MUCH better attach ratio for third party games than Wii.

So I can very well understand his point. And if you've looked at some of the fact, you wouldn't be so sure to disregard them as beeing false. For the last year, there have been many and many news articles with western publishers and developers dropping Wii for new IPs.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network
aragod said:
Viper1 said:

2. Then explain why the Wii has relatively the same software attach ratio as the PS3?

As Chrizum stated, you may agree with some of his statements yet their factual basis falters heavily toward being false.

1. Most of the large publishing houses are abandoning the Wii after sales disappointment.

2. It's not about software attach ratio, it's about non casual game attach ratio (with the EXCEPTION for Nintendo titles OFC).

Madworld, Little King's Story, The Conduit, Muramasa, No More Heroes 1 + 2, Okami, Zack and Wiki - none of these games sold more than half a milion on 60+ milion console, what does that tell you? And these are one of the highest rated and best third party games on Wii

I have them, you might have them, a lot of people here will have them, but the other 68 000 000 people don't.

So I can very well understand his point. And if you've looked at some of the fact, you wouldn't be so sure to disregard them as beeing false. For the last year, there have been many and many news articles with western publishers and developers dropping Wii for new IPs.

And these would have done blockbuster numbers on a 30m console userbase? Sure. Bayonetta says Hello.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

aragod said:
Viper1 said:

The whole ~65m userbase argument just doesn't work. Many games were made available on the PS2 and that has a ~130m userbase; they didn't all reach a million.

Besides, the only games that did not do well financially on that list were Little King's Story and Zack & Wiki. NMH2 is yet to be determined. We all know why those games didn't sell as well too.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I'm not going to get into the crux of what this guy is talking about. It looks like it's been beaten to death already.

The thing I wonder is why the idea of Wii's being in closets continually comes up. Who would realistically set their Wii up to a television for a function, only to dismantle it and put it away in a closet when they're finished? That doesn't make any sense. Why not just leave it hooked up to the TV? Would someone that didn't watch movies often outside of functions unplug their DVD player and place it in the closet? Cable box? That seems like a whole lot of extra work for no reason and unless someone had a ton of other devices to plug into their TV and needed the space, I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to do it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

SaviorX said:
aragod said:
Viper1 said:

The whole ~65m userbase argument just doesn't work. Many games were made available on the PS2 and that has a ~130m userbase; they didn't all reach a million.

Besides, the only games that did not do well financially on that list were Little King's Story and Zack & Wiki. NMH2 is yet to be determined. We all know why those games didn't sell as well too.

The point is, that when such games don't perform well (I've listed 8 games from the top of my head, that are universally recognised as quality titles), noone will bother to push new IPs to the system. Casual games or mini game collections have sold over 3 milions. These titles are between 100 - 450 thousands. Clearly Wii has a different attach ratio to "hardcore" games than HD twins.

Can you tell my why those games didn't sell? I don't think it's a quality problem. It's a userbase problem.

@Arius Dion

1) Bayonetta is one example, that game has two main marketing flaws: a) offputing presentation b) female heroine, Darksiders who came at the same time as Bayonetta sold much better with worse ratings, the difference was > great presentation + male hero. Yes I know that this is rather simple try to explain it's flop, but I don't want to get into details.

2) If those games were on HD twins, they would look different and sold different. Look at Alien versus Predator, which is a crappy game, it sold more first week than Conduit LTD. That's why Conduit developer is going to release it's next game as multiplatform.

Wii exclusive owners should stop denying that it's the user-owner base problem, that they don't have more third party "hardcore" games. They keep bitching about how these games aren't good enough, otherwise they would sell gangbusters. That's bullshit. Publishers have realized that.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network
aragod said:

1) Bayonetta is one example, that game has two main marketing flaws: a) offputing presentation b) female heroine, Darksiders who came at the same time as Bayonetta sold much better with worse ratings, the difference was > great presentation + male hero. Yes I know that this is rather simple try to explain it's flop, but I don't want to get into details.

Hahaha, if you consider these flaws justifying lack of success, how can you ignore the much (much) bigger flaws ALL the 3rd party "quality" Wii games you mentioned had? Never mind, you are obviously set on your opinion so no matter what will be said you will have some answer. I just couldn't resist replying after I saw this paragraph.

And Alien Vs. Predator is a well known brand.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
aragod said:

Hahaha, if you consider these flaws justifying lack of success, how can you ignore the much (much) bigger flaws ALL the 3rd party "quality" Wii games you mentioned had? Never mind, you are obviously set on your opinion so no matter what will be said you will have some answer. I just couldn't resist replying after I saw this paragraph.

Ignorant much? I said these "two" appeal flaws as an examples. I could've completly skipped the Bayonetta part as it's the only "AAA" game with shitty sales on HD twins.

aragod said:
bmmb1 said:
aragod said:

Ignorant much? I said these "two" appeal flaws as an examples. I could've completly skipped the Bayonetta part as it's the only "AAA" game with shitty sales on HD twins.

I didn't say ignorant, I said ignore. And no you couldn't have skipped Bayonetta, for two reasons:

1. because it is by the same guys who did... Madworld (yet Bayonetta is their most accessible game actually)

2. As I said, ALL Wii games you mentioned have much bigger flaws than Bayonetta (not to mention much less marketing, even those that got some).

So Bayonetta is actually a great example.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

aragod said:
SaviorX said:
aragod said:

The point is, that when such games don't perform well (I've listed 8 games from the top of my head, that are universally recognised as quality titles), noone will bother to push new IPs to the system. Casual games or mini game collections have sold over 3 milions. These titles are between 100 - 450 thousands. Clearly Wii has a different attach ratio to "hardcore" games than HD twins.

Can you tell my why those games didn't sell? I don't think it's a quality problem. It's a userbase problem.

I don't think you would want to sit down and read all the reasonings for each game, but if you really want me too, I will. You have to be open to it though. No point explaining if you are set in your ways already.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

aragod said:
Viper1 said:

1. Name me 1 big publisher abandoning Wii.  Just 1. 

2. MadWorld - The game that Sega stated sold in line with their expectations and are contemplating a sequel.  Also the best selling game from the former Clover Studios ever (prior to Bayonetta which had a much bigger marketing budget than Mad World)
No More Hereoes - Suda 51's best selling game ever.  I guess he should be disappointed?
Muramasa - Have you seen the sales data for the other games this studio has made?  Apparently not.
Okami - So Capcom takes a 2 year old port and has it sell better on the 65 million Wii than the 130 million PS2.  I'm confused how this is a bad thing.
Zack and Wiki - Can you show me any point and click games over the past several years on a home console to sell any better?

PS3 has a better attach rate for 3rd parties yet the Wii still sells more 3rd party software than PS3, has more million selling 3rd party games.....so again your point, and his, misses the mark.  

The rEVOLution is not being televised