By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MUST SEE IT - AMAZING DS-i CAMERA USE !

nice concept but why can't they make something like this...

Around the Network

I don't see how this uses the camera.

WTF?!?!!?
Is that real.
OMG

WTF?!?!!?
Is that real.
OMG

Now that i think about it, doesn't the camera pick up on faces? Most digital cameras now can sharpen, focus and enhance the face in its frame, despite what else is around it.
You track the face and as it moves the software moves the image accordingly.

Thats the idea. Ofcourse, all the software has to do is move the background, foreground frames accordingly.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

wow! that was so cool!

wish there were more games that creative

Pretty cool indeed.

The effect looks similar to head tracking. Basically the software knows where you are looking (not sure what it does in this case) and adjusts the ingame camera accordingly, so rather than the screen being the limit to the camera, your head is. When you look to the right, you can see things that would otherwise have been hidden by the tv frame.

It's similar to looking out a window, giving the illusion of 3d.

Snesboy said:
I don't see how this uses the camera.

DSi doesn't have motion sensing, so instead they use the camera to determine that the system is being moved.

I swear, NO ONE READS REPLIES. AT ALL. I go "Yeah, the camera tracks your head blah blah blah?"

And we get Megaman, the PERSON I REPLIED TO, going "Hold on guys, I think this might use headtracking?"

And then 5 other people after him either asking how the camera is used or going "Hold on guys, I think this might use headtracking?" Everyone of them completely ignores everyone else. It's almost beautiful in a twisted way.

What's particularly sad is there's only like ~25 posts right now and, already, everything's falling apart.

@hsrob: You couldn't do that with motion sensing.  Accelerometers could certainly get its orientation relative to down, but it has no idea where your face is.  It wouldn't be able to tell the difference between upside down normally and upside down when you're upside down (maybe over the edge of your bed) as well.