By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Abortion: What's your view on it?

Abortion: What's your view on it?

I am Pro-Choice 43 51.81%

I am Pro-Life 20 24.10%

I think abortion is okay ... 15 18.07%

I don't know 5 6.02%

Total:83

pro-choice, circumstnaces are irrelevant, its the womans choice, not mine and not the governments.

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:

pro-choice, circumstnaces are irrelevant, its the womans choice, not mine and not the governments.

pretty much what i think 

i hate how governments wants to make decisions for us 

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Abortion is ok under any circumstance.

It should be encouraged.

@Prochoice people

Why do you believe you have the right to take someones life?

I'm definitely a pro-choice person. There are enough unwanted kids clogging up the adoption system. If something happens, ie, birth control fails or whatnot, if you know you can't bring up a child now, then abort it. Don't risk your health, well-being, or whatever, because you HAVE to have a kid. Chances remain that you'll still have to give the kid up, further burdening the system. Not to mention there's a counter-quote from Clinton- "keep abortion safe, legal, and rare." If you make it illegal, people will still get them, and that's far more dangerous...

As for the question posed about the "right to take someone's life", it depends on when you define life. That's a different question, but for most of the pregnancy, it's still a sort of tumor in the woman's body. Said tumor does not become a life until seperated and self-sustained. I just can't buy that those 2 or 4 cells at conception is a seperate living being, since it's still in a parasitic stage, relying on the host (mother) to survive.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network
dunno001 said:
As for the question posed about the "right to take someone's life", it depends on when you define life. That's a different question, but for most of the pregnancy, it's still a sort of tumor in the woman's body. Said tumor does not become a life until seperated and self-sustained. I just can't buy that those 2 or 4 cells at conception is a seperate living being, since it's still in a parasitic stage, relying on the host (mother) to survive.

I'm positive that children rely on their mother in order to survive for years to come after the birth.

Pyramid Head said:
i have to stop checking on this thread

i want to tell off ANYONE who says pro life

man this shit makes my blood boil . . .

Look, I'm not going to condemn your beliefs just because I disagree with them.

BUT DON'T condemn my beliefs just because you think all people who are pro-life think people who are pro-choice are evil.

Btw, I'm pro-life.

MontanaHatchet said:
Pyramid Head said:
100 percent pro choice

pro life people make my skin crawl like neo nazis

but so does god and that sort of thing too

but yeh abortion should be free for women worldwide

I'm not surprised, given you have Gaius Baltar in your signature.

That being said:

1. I'm pro-choice

2. What's next, another death penalty thread?

I'm also pro choice.

I do find the neo-nazi comparison weird though.  I mean when you consider the two viewpoints... it's not really the Pro-Life people who should be compaired to the Nazis.

I mean, on the one point of view, you've got a group of people telling women what they can't do with their bodies.

On the other point of view... you've basically got a situation that makes the holocaust look mild by comparison. 

If I held a Pro-life view i'd have a hard time staying sane, since in general i'd view it as 46 million people being killed a year.

I mean shit...  While I think they're wrong and misguided... I'm surprised pro life people aren't MORE beligerant.

I'm pro-Eugenics, so I approve of abortions of undesirables. Just the way planned parenthood intended.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

"I'm against abortion, but for killing babies. That way, everybody loses and I win" - Maddox.

Anyway, if we ever get a Christian majority in parlement here (which I doubt will happen) that would want to change back the pro-choice status we have now I'd start learning how to use a coat hanger.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->