By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Abortion: What's your view on it?

Abortion: What's your view on it?

I am Pro-Choice 43 51.81%

I am Pro-Life 20 24.10%

I think abortion is okay ... 15 18.07%

I don't know 5 6.02%

Total:83

As a person who has experienced homelessness because of a single working mother not being able to support us I am pro-choice. If you can't take care of them it's really kinda cruel.

Adoption seems nice but i've known far too many individuals whom are far less than exemplary tales of such a service to think that it can possibly support more children than it already does.

I apologize that my views are formed of conjecture and anecdotal evidence.

Around the Network

Only ok in the circumstances of:

A. Your life depends on it (baby causing fatal wound or something)
B. Rape

IMO. Otherwise if you just got pregnant because you were unprotected and are perfectly healthy, you should at least consider adoption.

Tyrannical said:
I'm pro-Eugenics, so I approve of abortions of undesirables. Just the way planned parenthood intended.

Was the post a joke.. or are you actually pro-Eugenics?

I think it shows that you people aren't really read to take responsiblity for your action and sugar-coating it with this "pro-choice" bullshit makes things really convenient. As clarified before abortion can only happen in special circumstances E.g. Mothers life endanger etc....

Pro life

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

dunno001 said:

@tehsage: I'll admit that I worded that poorly; I guess that I meant the entity exists as a seperate being, not directly physically bonded to the host; does that make more sense? So... from when the umbilical cord is cut? That's where I define it, assuming that it is alive at said point.

@Sqrl: Excellent points, and I do respect your view. We differ on where life starts, but other than that, it sounds reasonable to me.

Does it change your mind that when he is talking about is when brainwaves start?

Around the Network
Kamal said:
I think it shows that you people aren't really read to take responsiblity for your action and sugar-coating it with this "pro-choice" bullshit makes things really convenient. As clarified before abortion can only happen in special circumstances E.g. Mothers life endanger etc....

Pro life

Has nothing to do with me taking responsibility for my actions, it's about me not wanting to tell other's what they have to do. I prefer adoption and if I had a child on the way that I wouldn't be able to take care of I would prefer to take that route, but it's not my choice to tell everyone to do it that way. Wouldn't the mother's life being endangered be part of the "responsibility" for her actions too? I mean, if she didn't have sex, she wouldn't have her life endangered, so shouldn't she just live with those consequences as well?

CommonMan said:
Kamal said:

Pro life

Has nothing to do with me taking responsibility for my actions, it's about me not wanting to tell other's what they have to do. I prefer adoption and if I had a child on the way that I wouldn't be able to take care of I would prefer to take that route, but it's not my choice to tell everyone to do it that way. Wouldn't the mother's life being endangered be part of the "responsibility" for her actions too? I mean, if she didn't have sex, she wouldn't have her life endangered, so shouldn't she just live with those consequences as well?

Those circumstances are completely different yes she has to take responsiblity but not die from it.

They are different routes, adoption could be one instead of taking the quick way out and losing a life out of it.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Pro-life.

I have a hard time believing it is ever ok to take another's life, whether they're 15 weeks in the womb, 16 weeks, 9 months, or 80 years after birth.

What, just because they can't really feel anything at 10 weeks it's suddenly more okay than a month later? Not only does it make no sense to me, but it's also a very slippery slope. When you start discussing "degrees of personhood", it turns everything into an entirely subjective debate, that ultimately boils down to people believing they have the right to decide the fate of others. Should we allow the euthenisation of mentally handicapped individuals because they may not know what's really going on, and it'll be over quick? It's all the same in my eyes. You're taking control of the lives of weaker individuals for personal gain, and it's only a matter of where you're willing to draw the line.

Outside of self-defense/manslaughter, these issues are very black and white for me. Abortion, in a majority of cases, is wrong.

"what gives you the right to take a life"

who gives that right anyway?

we can do WHATEVER we want, there is no god

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Pyramid Head said:
"what gives you the right to take a life"

who gives that right anyway?

we can do WHATEVER we want, there is no god

You do realize that statement makes you pro murdering random people you don't like.

That's exactly the reasoning Geoffery Dhamer used for being a serial killer actually.  You need a stronger argument then that...