By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What franchise made you buy the Wii?

What franchise made you buy the Wii?

Zelda 44 31.43%

new Super mario 8 5.71%

smash bros 30 21.43%

metroid 11 7.86%

wii series 29 20.71%

other please specify 18 12.86%

Total:140

It wasn't one franchise in particular, it was because Nintendo make brilliant exclusives.
The actual main reason I got a Wii was the exclusives (Zelda TP, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Metroid)

There is no Knowledge that is not Power

Around the Network
Sorcery said:
Zelda. What a fucking waste.

I would buy a single console just for one single game. That game would be Zelda. And it isnt a waste. I think...

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

its all about loyalty to the company... i didn't buy a wii just for a franchise

Siko1989 said:
its all about loyalty to the company... i didn't buy a wii just for a franchise

Agree. Totally agree

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Got a Wii cause I'm a Nintendo geek in general, and most of those games weren't out when I got my Wii for Christmas 2007. So I just went with "other" for Galaxy, Fire Emblem, and Super Paper Mario.

This signature is lacking in beef.

Around the Network

price, and I'm still waiting for games I want not just like, I have a good collection but it would look completly diffrent if I still had a 360..............

In all honesty the new Mario games are the reason why I bought the Wii. For the Wii it was Super Mario Galaxy for me but unfortunately that let me down and Super Smash Bros Brawl completely got me and so from now I know when to get the next Nintendo Console... When the next Super Smash Bros is released!

Well I had no doubt I was going to get the system, unlike the case for the other systems I got. But, if any more than likely Zelda, but of course it was also coming on the GC. But it fully justified my purchase at launch.

zelda will make me buy all nintendo consoles.... I did have a GC though.

now besides that I guess Wii sports was the interest.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

oh and man mario Kart is not in your poll... that's the reason for 20% of the userbase easy (with wii fit)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO