By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What franchise made you buy the Wii?

What franchise made you buy the Wii?

Zelda 44 31.43%

new Super mario 8 5.71%

smash bros 30 21.43%

metroid 11 7.86%

wii series 29 20.71%

other please specify 18 12.86%

Total:140

I wanted to play a lot of games on the Wii but what really made me buy a Wii is the fact that I am a huge Nintendo fan.

Around the Network

Zelda.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Mario, but in the end I liked Zelda better

Technically I bought the Wii because it was Nintendos newest system and because there was multiple games coming out for it that looked interesting to me. But I guess if I had to pick one, it would be Smash Bros, because even before launch, it was the definite title I knew I would want.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Oddly enough it was Red Steal 1 for me. When I saw it I imagine the Wii as a great shooter machine. Sadly the game sucked and it took quite a while to get Wii FPS controls down. Only recently has my expectation started to come true.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network

Nintendo made me buy the Wii as in Huge fan since like 7 or so. Also the whole motion control had me and still has me interested.

Wii Sports. Launch day.

But Zelda, Excite Truck, Kororinpa, Elebits, and Metal Slug Anthology was also a really amazing and diverse launch line-up.

Nintendo itsefl.

But, i asume, you can see my sign...

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Zelda. What a fucking waste.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Wii Sports, if you say otherwise your probably lying

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.